*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/902811-My-Best-Friend
by DBjork
Rated: E · Editorial · Emotional · #902811
Story about my wife and I
This is for my wife whom I love very much.


My Best Friend


My best friend would be my wife. Keri is her name. I love her very much and would do any thing for her. When we first met I was not a very nice person. I also was not the person you would want your mother to meet. She did not care about my past. She knew that deep down inside I was a very like able person. I went though a lot of changes with her.

One day I was driving around in the park, when all of the sudden, I saw her the girl of my dreams. She was driving a red Nissan pick up truck. She had long, curly brown hair, with bright red lipstick. That was the first thing I noticed about her. I got her to pull over so we could talk. After awhile of driving around and talking, she told me she had to leave.

After not talking for a few days, I was starting to wonder if I would ever see her again. So, I thought that I would go drive around the Levy area. I knew she drove around the local stripe because she told me. Well, sure enough there she was sitting in a parking lot. She never told me that she had a boyfriend. So I thought I would drive in and say hello. She was sitting on this guy's lap so I did not say any thing. I just wanted her to see me. While I was driving around I meet another girl. So, I started thinking, if Keri saw her with me she might want to know who she was and that would bring us a little closer. Well, it worked. She wanted to talk to me. We started seeing each other more and more.

We had plans to go to the lake during the weekend. We were having such a good time there. I did not want that day to ever end. Boy, did we have a big surprise coming for us at the end of that night.
We started to come back home after a great day and about halfway home we had a very bad car wreck. The car rolled about five times and then came to a rolling stop on its side.

During the car wreck it threw my younger brother out the back window. Keri was about half way out of the car herself. I was trapped inside of the car, but I managed to free myself. I ran over to check on my brother. He was doing all right, but he had some bad cuts on his arms. Keri was cut up also; she had a lot of cuts on her back. Everyone was doing all right. Afterwards we did not talk for a while. When I did get a chance to talk to her I was feeling so bad that she, of all people, got hurt. I felt that if I did not try to keep in touch with her I might lose her forever.

I did whatever it took to keep in touch with her. There was too many things keeping us together. Her parents did not want her to drive to Jacksonville to see me. I did not let that stop me. I got a bike and peddled all the way to North Little Rock. Yes it was a long way, but I had to if I wanted to see her. This happened many times during the summer. I even got a ticket for riding on the freeway. I was determined to see her.

After awhile her parents, started letting her come to Jacksonville to pick me up. Her dad and mom wanted me to stay there at the house with them. They knew that Keri and I were meant to be. Thanks to Keri and her parents I had changed myself. Now after fourteen years Keri and I are married and have two children. (2 year old Luke and 2 month old Savannah) We both love each other very dearly, and plan to stay together for a very long time.

There is a lot more I could write about, but I feel that there are some things that only Keri and I should know. Once again, thanks goes out not just to my best friend, but to my wife as well. Keri, I love you very much and I am so proud of you for everything you do.


© Copyright 2004 DBjork (dbjork at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/902811-My-Best-Friend