*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/905262-New-Breeding-Technique
Rated: 13+ · Short Story · Adult · #905262
Won 1st Prize in the Anecdotal Arms Contest
Gene Genie Submits Proposition to Bambino


aka


The Latest Method in the Propagation of the Species
Formerly known as: Meet, Date , Marry & Mate



I know things have come a long way since my day, but in discussions with my son on how he might meet and marry, I never thought that I would be hearing this!

During one of his phone calls my son was regaling me with an up to the minute account of his studies at N.I.D.A. (National Institute of Dramatic Art) and other activities, in Sydney. At some point in the fairly one sided conversation he asked me if I remembered Genie, a student in his class. I assured him that I certainly remembered her, as being tall, sassy and a very good performer, already a stand out even in first year most decidedly charismatic and attractive.


‘Well, she is so impressed with me and my genetics that she has offered to be the mother of my children! She says she will give me two!’ he shouts down the phone excitedly.

‘Umnn, that’s … that’s .. lovely! Ummn what do you mean?’

‘We have such good genetics in our family! Artists, musicians, composers, writers and we’re not bad at the sciences, either! She says I’m good looking with great talent and she thinks that, if we mixed our genes we would produce another great person!’

Bambino thinks this is a great idea, obviously; personally I would like to take matters in to my own hands. Are there temporary vasectomies available? To be undone when sons grow up - are in fact, too old to have any children themselves!


I don’t think I want another generation to worry about, especially if the practising of eugenics is going to replace normal family relations!

I’m wondering about a marriage ceremony – of sorts; will the old traditional vows be replaced with a legal contract in the 21st Century that will go something like this?

'Do you Bambino of the Gerrard genetic line consent to the merger of your DNA with the said Genie, of the Smythe-Jones genetic line?'

'If both are agreeable to said merger, please sign the consent form, which is valid for the duration of the nominated procreation period of 2.5 years and becomes null and void upon completion of the production of the agreed number of joint heirs…'

Beam me up, Scotty! I’ve had enough, already!  


*Frown*




© Copyright 2004 M. DeVille (edmm at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/905262-New-Breeding-Technique