*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/907184-Red-Rose
Rated: 13+ · Short Story · Horror/Scary · #907184
A guy goes into a haunted graveyard and.....
Red Rose


They say that it is haunted, the graveyard. Some people call it the graveyard of death. They say that once a night, beams of light would shoot up from each individual grave, and out from the graves would be the ghost of the person that is in the grave. Only one person has built up enough courage to enter that graveyard. Some say that he got lost and died. Some say that he went in their and didn’t see anything and came out but moved. I personally think that he got eaten bones and all. A lot of people say a lot of different things. Half of it is all lies anyway. I know, because I am that person that went into the graveyard of death, and here is my story. The true story about Red Rose.
About fifteen years ago, I was taking a walk in the park, when a young man came up to me and asked me about Red Rose. I told him that Red Rose was every human beings kiss of death. He dared me to enter the gates of Red Rose. “Hell No” I said, and continued my daily walk in the park. I glanced over at Red Rose. Standing in front of the gates was a older women in her fifties. I myself was in my thirties.
She gave me a look that I couldn’t quite understand. It was as if she wasn’t really there. At that point I began to become scared. I looked away for a couple of seconds to see if when I looked back if she would still be staring at me. I glanced over by some squirrels chasing each other in front of a huge oak tree. Then I took a look back at her. She wasn’t there. I looked around the gate. The gates to Red Rose were open.
I continued my walk in the park, and went to go get a drink of water from the water fountain. There standing by the water fountain was the same women which had entered Red Rose. She looked my down. And gave me that look again. I looked down at my lower body were she had been looking. And once I looked back up to my surprise she was gone again. I looked over at the gates of Red Rose and there they were open again. I walked over towards them. I remembered when I was young a couple of friends and I use to see how long each one of us could last standing past a certain line without coming back over it.
It has always been that if we did not disturb them (the ghost of Red Rose) then they would not disturb us. I glanced down at the line which we used when we were young. It to my surprise was still there. I guess people today still use it. I walked over it, and entered the gates of Red Rose.
It all of a sudden got extremely cold. As if I were in Antarctica or somewhere where it gets below zero. I hadn’t seen the lights come out of the grave yet. I slowly eased my way inch by inch into Red Rose. Far off in the distance I heard a thump. I jerked my head towards the direction in which I heard the sound. Nothing was there.
I took a big gulp, and eased my self a little further in Red Rose. I looked at all of the Red Roses growing in the ground. They say that if they catch you then they plant Red Roses on your grave. Red was suppose to be the color that attracted them. Then again the thump occurred again.
I jerked my head towards the direction of the sound in which I heard it. Again nothing was there. I again eased my self slowly but surely into Red Rose. “Crunch” went something under my left foot. I picked up my left foot and gasped. Whenever something touches a Red Rose it turns into blood. All of a sudden a shadow appeared over my shoulder. I jerked my head back toward the owner of the shadow. It had no owner. Or I thought it didn’t. The shadow kept on moving toward me but I could not see who it was. My heart started to pound like a hammer hitting a nail.
I ran for the gate but it was shut. I looked back towards where the shadow had come from, it kept on getting closer and closer until it finally started running at me. I ran through the graves and then and their the lights started to come out of the graves. I glanced over my shoulder toward the shadow. And it was right on my heal. It started to growl and snarl at me like a dog. I tried to run faster from the shadow but I was going as fast as I could run. I yelled at it “go away what do you want from me, why wont you just let us leave in peace”. It yelled back in a mandatory voice “you have cross the boundary and now you must die”. People were popping out of graves left and right. I was like a football player dodging tacklers. All that you could see was the ground exploding. You couldn’t see the actual body. All you could see was a sudden explosion from the ground and then a cold burst of air would overwhelm you.
I felt myself getting weaker and weaker. My strength suddenly wearing away. And all of a sudden my left leg gave out.














By:
Tyler Saunders
© Copyright 2004 Jordans1 (jordans1 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/907184-Red-Rose