*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/909329-The-Man-in-Center-Stage
Rated: E · Essay · Music · #909329
I am absolutely obsessed with Josh Groban, and this is a tribute to him.
The Man in Center Stage


This man’s voice is my oxygen. His existence is one of the reasons I breathe. A single word from his mouth ensures another breath from mine. Although I cannot understand every word in his songs, I understand the passion and the fire of them. With each utterance of song—Spanish, French, Italian, English—a wave of joy soaks consummately through my veins.

The language in each melody is beautiful and poetic. Any words he sings reach into my heart and tell me to listen. The dark liquid of his tenor voice pours into my soul, begging me to play just one more of his sweet, soft songs on my stereo.

Life insists I surrender this dream that has occupied my mind. Obsession, life calls it. Ridiculous, people sneer. This voice, though, is sincere. I cannot dishonor this musical phenomenon that has trapped me. One deep, tenor note dripping from his lips lets me love life. It helps me forgive.

Gently, quietly, the piano keys hum, and the owner of the Voice steps out onstage. My breath catches in my chest and decides to stay there. Around me, people scream, yet I cannot open my mouth. My stomach twists around and my heart slams against my ribcage. I feel a stray tear collect in my eye and slip away, blurring my vision of the incredible singer.

His first words, I cannot understand, although I have heard them thousands of times before. “Piove sull'oceano, piove sulla mia identità.” Still, it does not make a difference. I hear the fervor floating up from his lungs, forming a perfectly round, full sound. The lights overhead cast a gray shadow over his focused features. I hesitate to sing along to the songs I can understand, because I only want to listen to him.

Like a child watching a magic show, my eyes are glued to the man in center stage, singing as if it were the only thing he knows how to do. He stands dutifully in front of thousands of admirers, microphone in hand, and closes his eyes.

His music has taught his supporters to listen to the enthusiasm in each lyric instead of the words themselves. His voice has captured many hearts just like mine. The romance of his songs can enlighten people about the love and magic of music.
© Copyright 2004 Alexandrina (acegirl63 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/909329-The-Man-in-Center-Stage