*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/910454-How-To-Have-A-Successful-Relationship
Rated: 18+ · Non-fiction · Other · #910454
A "How To" for relationships. For Men Only! Will add from time to time!
How To Have A Successful Relationship: For Men Only!

First of all, if you're female and decided to read this: Get the hell out! I don't want you reading my trade secrets and figuring everything out just because of your curious nature! :) It took me 47 years to refine my technique and now that its perfect, I dont want you reading it and deploying counter measures. That could set mankind back for centuries and the object, afterall, is for both sexes to have eternal bliss! Proceeding, promises to alter the battle of the sexes and create havoc amongst the male population, once again.

OK......now that all of the girls have left guys, we can proceed:

First of all, relationships are like cars. If you have bought one, that is to say married one, then its probably worth the effort to do a little tune-up every now and then. No car nor relationship, lasts forever unless you work on it. So get out your Craftsman tools and car matts and lets get started.

The best place to start is at the begining with the owners manual. The owners manual are those words you recite to each other during the marriage vows. They say something like you promise to love honour and obey, till death do you part. Somewhere along the lines, womanhood had an update installed which struck the word 'Obey' but thats OK, we can live with that. Remember those words though because that is your warranty. That is not the only thing you must do however because any relationship requires work on both sides.

1. Women have this little way of taking you apart piece by piece and reassembling you into what THEY SEE as a perfect mate. Men, I'm sure, do the same thing but I'll let a woman speak for them. What many of us dont realize though is that our differences are what attract us to each other. Commonalities are good, but if you are just alike, you'll probably have a mate that scratches herself during baseball games and that could embarrass you around your friends. When women attempt to change us, in essence, they are sending you down a road wrought with pot-holes and dooming you to a failed romance and as such, we must save them from themselves. There are times you need to see her point of view, but if its a big thing to you, dont do it. It will only cause you to resent her in the long run and resentment left to fester is a disaster. Lets look at an example of this.

Beer: If your mate thinks you drink too much beer and is constantly retrieveing you from the front yard wearing her underwear over your head, she may have a point. If you like to make Farting noises from the backroom during her Avon Parties, she may have a point. However, if she complains about the Sunday get together with your buds over football, she may not have a point. It is up to the individual to pick his battles over what he sees as important and why! Discussing this with her is the best option and bringing it out in the open prevents resentment from silently festering. Think of it this way to: Relationships are about compromising. If you compromise on an issue, you then have a right to ask her of the same thing. Meeting in the middle can assure you of a long sucessful relationship and prevent the added expense of an attorney to your life.

2. Time Together. This is very important. You need TIME together as well as time away from each other. By time together, I mean quality time just relaxing with each other. Hashing things out in just everyday conversation is extremely helpful and time for those soft words and awkward moments when you look in each others eyes is good too. I believe eye contact is important in ANY loving relationship. Looking at her lets her know you're still attracted to her. When she bends over, let her catch you looking at her ass but then pretend to look away suddenly like you got caught. Act embarrassed. Playing little games with her can do AMAZING things for your lovelife. Leave little notes on the fridge too. Call her at work. All of these things lets her know you still care! Because if you really dont care, she'll know it and it might as well be over.

As important as time together is, time away from each other can be just as important. I am not one of these types that believe relationships should consume your every move. I think this is too intense and can be detrimental in the long run. Human beings are believe it or not, herding animals no more and no less so than cows are. We like each other and revolve in social circles. Time with your friends gives you time to grow and input from others is great for the soul. Living is about growing and if you can't grow Together, then you are stagnating. Both of you need time for that in your circle of friends. I think, myself at least a day or so every other week gives new insights that you can share together. Sometimes you should do it together too. Involve your friends with her friends. Variety is the spice of life and when you share that variety it can cause growth in the two of you and growing together can be Exhilerating, to say the least.




© Copyright 2004 Elad Nostaw (eladnostaw at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/910454-How-To-Have-A-Successful-Relationship