*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/910814-The-Accident
Rated: 13+ · Short Story · Emotional · #910814
One night... could change your life forever.
Nathan Cohen knew after the tragic accident his life would never be the same again. His or Avery's. He loved Avery and knew how he'd never get to spend the rest of his life with her.

Avery was in shock after she got the phone call from Nathan. She could hear the police cars and an ambulance speeding away in the distance. She wanted to wake up and this all be a horrible nightmare. But she knew it wasn't and it was all really happening. Nathan had been drinking and tried to drive home and had cause a wreck killing a man.

A man who was going to be very much missed. He as a loving son, husband, and father to two young children. Now he was gone because of Nathan's choice to drink and get behind the wheel of a vehcile. Nathan would have to face his consequences which could possibly be more than he can even imagine.

Nathan carried around the guilt of his bad choice and will have this guilt until the day he dies. He would have to face a judge and be at the mercy of his jurys. His trial was scheduled and put off several time. During this time he was trying to enjoy the time he had left with Avery, the love of his life.

She was in denial that he would be sent to jail and blinded by her love she moved in with him. Only at the ages of seventeen and eighteen. They struggled with getting together a home of their own. But they found them an affordable trailer.

They lived together for months slowly awaiting to face his doom. They fought occasionally but they always made up. Except one night they got in a fight and he kicked her out of thier house. He was extremely mean to her.

He had finally realized that they could never be together and that she should move on. The thought of her being with someone else hurt him but he knew he had to let her go because it wasn't fair to her. She refused to ever give up on him so he decided he was going to have to make her hate him. The night he kicked her out he did it, he made her hate him.

Months went by and they never seen each other and it was time for his trail. He got the best lawyerhe knew but his case was hopeless and he knew it. Both sides pled thier case and after a breif period of time the jurys had came to a verdict. He was found guilty as charged on the account of manslaughter and many other charges. He was convicted to 20 years with no chance of parole.

** This is based on events from a true story. This could happen to anyone if you choose to make the choice of drinking and driving so please think of your consequences before you get behind the wheel.
© Copyright 2004 chikadee (chikadee_8 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/910814-The-Accident