*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/915566-Photograph-1-Wolf-Encounter
by Rahl
Rated: ASR · Fiction · Animal · #915566
Practicing description: everything described is w/in a few moments!
The first in a long line of photgraphs:

         There was a wolf. A single leader wolf, directly in front of my face. My pulse quickened. Sweat began to slip down my body; twisting and turning down every crevice, pouring out of every pore of my body. My eyes widened to the extent of an owl's, and my mouth opened in response to such abject feelings that it pains me to think of them. I was frozen.
         My eyes met that of the wolf, and I was hypnotized. I lost myself into the fierce yellow of his eyes, piercing into my very being. Resounding hatrid into every hidden place of my soul. The raw omnipotence of those eyes made me almost bow my head in recognition of such a powerful beast, but I one glance at the beast's colossal teeth advised me against that decision. The wolf's mouth began to froth, and he slowly advanced towards me. The wind caressing his fur as the light illuminated his every movement. Every tendon in his body rippled smoothly along his hide, and with each movement I was given a harsh reminder of his strength. And that was when I knew that my life was over. That was when realization came crushing down upon me like an avalanche. This was my end. This was my death. Those words resonated across every boundary of my mind; they consumed me.
         So I screamed. I screamed, allowing my voice to reach new heights, to hit new meanings. I gave the scream a man gives when he knows that, no matter how many people surround him, he is alone. I gave the scream that a man gives when he knows he is going to die. Tears began to come. Not gentle tears, that come pleasently, but a torrent of complete anguish, heard only through the crying note of my scream. And the wolf began to sink his teeth into my flesh; the result being more gore, more of my gore, than I could ever believe possible. It sickened me. It filled me with excruciating pain, such pain that I never could have thought existed. My mouth opened wide, my eyes bulged, my pupils waned. It would be over soon; I knew it.
         And it was. For one moment, I was filled with abysmal, acute pain, and the next; it had ended. Tranquility flooded over my soul. Peace entered my mind. All was well; it was over.
© Copyright 2004 Rahl (dylan92 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/915566-Photograph-1-Wolf-Encounter