*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/917049-Max-Kisers-Sci-Fi-Short-Stories
Rated: 18+ · Short Story · Sci-fi · #917049
A collection of my short stories, please review what you read. Thanks!
SHORT STORIES FROM MAX KISER'S SCI-FI


As a writer I wish to bring a shift of consciousness in my readers. I am sure we have all thought of some of the following things:

What if we were visited by an alien race? What would this do to us on a personal level? Would we just stop everything that they were doing and focus on the event at hand? Or would life just go on as normal?

I hope that this story realistically covers these questions and more.

I wish to transport my readers into a believable situation. Science fiction can often be so "out of this world" that we lose a special relationship that more "down to Earth" stories can give. This is my attempt to merge both an "out of this world" story with a "down to Earth" objective.

In addition, the issues found in this story call out to be addressed. Does the present system of politics help or hinder human progression? Is the answer to world peace a restructuring or replacement of these governmental systems? Are religious conflicts unavoidable? Can we all learn to live peacefully with differences in our world view? What has war done to our reputation as a civilization? What would an evolutionary and technologically advanced alien civilization think about us as a race? Are we our own greatest threat to survival as a species?

Religious views shape much of the world views. What if an event happened that compelled us to reconsider our old belief systems? Would we change for necessity or stubbornly hold on for tradition regardless of the outcome?

I hope to stir your imagination, take some intellectual stabs at your presuppositions, and challenge you as an individual to evaluate your values and weigh your standards as a member of the human race.
© Copyright 2004 Max Kiser (maxkiser at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/917049-Max-Kisers-Sci-Fi-Short-Stories