*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/920065-Contest-Entry-Perfect-Christmas
by Lee S.
Rated: E · Fiction · Holiday · #920065
If Christmas could be My way!
A Perfect Christmas
Lee Stuart
Dec 2004

3rd Place Winner!
My perfect Christmas would not include extra lights, tall trees and many gifts. It would not include more money, better food, or more friends. If it wouldn’t include any of these, what would it include? Close your eyes and join me in my dream…

I am sitting with a skin head and an African. Across from me sit a Muslim and Jewish friend. We are all laughing at the beauty that is each other’s company. We are celebrating Jesus’ birth, even if some of us do not believe he is the Messiah. Joy abounds and hugs are generously shared among all. Our feast is simple; broth, broken bread, and thankfulness.

The news is playing in the background. Many songs play intermittently as bad news is at a minimum. Fireworks go off in the background to celebrate the first day that no one has died an unnatural death since the world’s inception.

Glory and gratefulness are everywhere!

Onlookers see the happiness that we are all feeling and seek to join our company. Native American Indians, Sikh’s, and yes even the agnostics. They cannot help but be buoyed by the spirit of joy and thanksgiving. They want to experience a moment without anger or hate. Agape love is so apparent that others are coming. The soup pot grows with the masses as does the loaves of bread.

And up above, our Lord sits and smiles. A lone tear slowly slides down his cheek. His plans for the world, for just a moment, are there in the physical presence of all His people celebrating together. Forgetting that they ever had a quarrel with another.

Although I know I will see this one day in Heaven, my perfect Christmas would be able to see this on God’s great earth on the greatest day of the year.
© Copyright 2004 Lee S. (gingerbee at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/920065-Contest-Entry-Perfect-Christmas