*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/920946-The-temple
Rated: E · Article · Spiritual · #920946
Spirituality how do you define it? The answer & more in my article
What is a temple?

This question struck me as I was sitting on the steps to the temple near my house. I was waiting for the doors to open for Darshan / Prayer. I suddenly realized that I actually got a real sense of mukti / relief, from all the stresses and tensions of life. There was just so much peace. Strangely, though it is situated on the main road with a constant hum of traffic, I actually was not affected by the noise.

So as I was waiting, the question struck me, "What is a mandir?"

And I realized that it is not only a place where we go to worship our idols. It is also a place where we seek peace, where we go for renewal of our faith in God, And where we go before starting any new venture and where we go after its successful completion, where we go to relieve ourselves from the stresses of everyday life.

Coming here makes me want to believe in myself. Makes me more assertive. And makes me want to achieve something in my life.

Unlike other people, I am not at all regular in my visits to God. In fact, you could say, I come here whenever I feel like. There is an primordial urge, it just comes from within. And I also believe that the people who just go to the temple just for sake of routine really are wasting there time, because unless it is from within, the whole spirit of going to the temple is pointless.

Though whenever I come here, I do feel that I should do so more often, but it just doesn't materialize. Maybe later I think. Even, though I feel the ultimate sense of peace here,
why don't I come more often?

Just to sit here on the steps, close my eyes and think.....
© Copyright 2004 bittersweet (thisisme_now at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/920946-The-temple