*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/925876-The-Day-I-Died
by Capior
Rated: 18+ · Other · Death · #925876
My dream was of death last night and so I give it to you.
The Day I Died
A short By Capior

I remember the feeling of my last breath as it traced over my lips. Lying there staring at the sky I felt my heart slowing its pace. I knew death was coming, but I held out for hope anyway. This couldn't be the end; this wasn't the way it was meant to be. Eyes wide my heart slowly stopped and I could no longer move. "Was this It?” I thought "Am I dead" "But if so then how is I know" The sound of people remarking as I lay there helpless 'He's dieing someone help him', 'He's a goner', 'He's dead' and some were crying, for me as I heard a train pass by. The sky I have never seen it so blue. All the noise of the people and traffic began to muffle out as my vision of the sky began to dim. It was soon replaced by a loud high pitch squeal that reatched me and I could no longer see the blue sky. Then suddenly silence. Surely I was dead. But wait was I wrong? I began to feel warm grass on the tips of my fingers. Soon my palm felt warm. "This wasn't right", I thought. "I was lying in the road after I was hit by that car." Surprisingly I felt my heart slow but softly begin to beat. I am not dead. Air traced over my lips. Then a breath. My back arced as I inhaled my toes curled and I rolled to cough. It wasn't long before my heart was racing. My vision slowly returned as did the sounds of the wind and trees swaying. I laid there what felt like hours staring eye level with the grass and flowers that grew. "This surly is Heaven. No other place could have created such a flower as this" I finally gathered enough courage to sit up and I was amaze by what I had seen. As I came to my feet I found I was on grassy hill over looking a vast city unlike any I had ever seen before, I was truly amazed by its beauty. I stood there for a while wondering if I should venture down and explore this new world I woken to.
But then the wind began to softly echo my name. Over and over again each time becoming more and clearer, louder until I could no longer hear the wind or the trees but the voice. I cupped my ears to and knelt down close to the ground. "STOP IT" I cried. The sky began to change a red tint replacing what was once a beautiful blue sky. Fires began to engulf the city as it slowly went dark. The voices continued as my vision gradually went black, again. I said my silent prayer just as I feel helplessly again. I could no longer feel the grass, or hear the trees, or even see the sky and beauty that was the city below. I felt nothing but the voice continuing. Then out of no where I felt warmth and a light began to appear at the corner of my eye. I felt pain from head to toe. "He's coming to", I heard. Over the commotion I began to hear a steady beeping. "Was this the rhythm of my heart" I thought. My eyes open. A bright light from florescent bulbs hit my hard and I blink feverishly. "Where am I" the first words I felt that I have ever said "Am I dead". The reply was that of my mother "No son your here with us, your alive" That’s when I began to tear, there on my hospital bed.
© Copyright 2005 Capior (capior at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/925876-The-Day-I-Died