*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/927151-My-Best-Friend
Rated: E · Essay · Experience · #927151
Why she is important to me.
Patty Moore is a wonderful person whom I met at the gentlemen’s club called The Night Before. She has been a friend of mine for about five years. Her friendship has always proven true. Never once has she ever turned her back on me, nor has she ever lied to me. We have a bond that is true. She understands who I am. I have never had anyone who treated me as a person instead of a child.

Patty is my role model; she is very well motivated in being strong willed. She can be stubborn in many ways. She is one that doesn’t back down. I have always liked her brutally honest advice. If I screwed up she always told me. I may not like what she has to say but I listen. It took me a long time to listen to her advice.

She is a person who has a big heart and she has emotions like everyone else. She goes through as much as anyone else. She has the happy Patty, the upset Patty and the stay out of my face Patty. It is difficult to get to know her but when you do she is the best person you could ever meet. You would never imagine she has a soft side. You never want to cross her.

She doesn’t like it when people whine about their lives, how bad it is. If you have problems do something about it instead of sitting on your tail and feeling sorry for yourself. If I had relationship problems she would tell me, if the relationship is that bad get out of it. Thanks to her I got my head screwed on right and found a wonderful person. If she doesn’t like you she will tell you and not behind your back either.



What this means to me? I am so happy to have her as my friend and my confidant. I always talked to her about my problems and she always has an answer for me. I used to be one that would whine about my life. Finally she tells me how to solve it just like any mother with a child.

I have never found someone that told me that I needed to straighten my act up that was a friend. Patty tells me more than once. I decide to because it turns out she is more experienced in life than I. If she didn’t care she would ignore the fact that you are messing up and decide it is your problem.

Patty supports me in anything I do unless she feels it’s wrong. A while ago I decided to quit dancing and she told me I had to make the decision but she would support me in whatever I felt. I told her I wanted to quit and go to college, she said that I made a good decision. I can’t imagine a bright sunny day without her in it. I love the way she gets when she is mad. We were at work and some guy came in on drugs disrespecting the bar, she told him exactly what he could do. I have also seen her get on to people for not doing their job. When I was working with her, we had to cocktail. If you didn’t do it then you heard about it. She didn’t care if you got mad do the work. Patty gives you the support and security of a mother. You never feel insecure around her, nor do you feel stupid.
Patty is a great person in character from the inside out. I never feel she is using me or lying. I never feel as if I will lose her faith in our friendship. I did quit dancing and I know that she is proud of me for doing the right thing. She doesn’t like it when you try to be someone your not, to her you’re cheating yourself and everyone else around you. This is why Patty inspires me. This is why I feel that she is a very important part of my life. I will always be grateful for our friendship.

© Copyright 2005 kashmiergirl (dianecheek at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/927151-My-Best-Friend