*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/929155-Diamonds-Well
Rated: 13+ · Novel · Action/Adventure · #929155
Tower part of my book
Prophecy 1:

Two will be forever binded by two untied ropes,
The eldest’s choice to seek out help will give them new found hopes,
The other’s decision to lay down her life will connect them to the undying.
The bravest will accept their fate to lead to what life has been hiding,
The cautious one will be courageous and open up a door,
And both will find the power within to help them discover more.





Ani stepped up to the frozen over steps and rested her hand on the frosted doorknob. It was cold and the ice melted from the heat of her palm. Terrified, she looked at Livvie for reassurance, Livvie only nodded and smiled back. Shaking, she summoned all of her will and putting on what she thought was a brave face, she turned the knob.
Livvie pushed open the door and took the first step in. Ani followed suit. Taking five steps forward the girls looked around and let their eyes adjust to the darkness, leaving the door wide open. The room looked oddly like a large ballroom with the black marble floor and mirror walls. The silence in the room seemed to pound in their ears and the usually soft clicking of their shoes echoed throughout the whole tower. The girls took a step forward to the mirror and got a good look at themselves in their skin-tight brown coats, outlined with pure white fur from a creature they had once slayed. The darkness cast shadows on their faces in the mirror, and they looked oddly evil. Ani studied herself in the nearest mirror and saw herself for the first time in a long time. Her long blonde hair was pulled back in a loose braid behind her as though she had pulled it up in a hurry and Livvie was surprised to see the brave look in her eyes she had gotten between her last look at herself in the tavern mirror before the Beholders attacked. Her long black hair was innocently tied in a silver ribbon and hung freely down her back, and she had shorter strands of hair hanging in her face because they had not been long enough to reach the ribbon.
They had not bathed for almost a week but found themselves cleaner than expected because of the falling snow that wet them down. But the snow did not cover the evidence of their travels for the white fur on the edges of their coats were patched with dirt and the the branches had pulled tufts of fur from various spots.
Looking back to the door they realized that they were standing in the middle of the room even though they had only taken a few steps. Ani and Livvie locked up and the tower seemed even taller from the inside. No roof could be seen in the darkness but they could sense that it was a ways up.
“Do you find it weird that the whole tower seems to be a lot bigger on the inside than what appears on the outside?” Ani asked Livvie.
“Yeah...oddly.” Livvie answered and looked up.
“I think we have to go up.” Ani proclaimed.
“How?”
“There.” Ani pointed to a small metal winding staircase that wound around the tower and seemed to disappear in the darkness.
“That’ll take us years!” Livvie exclaimed motioning to the staircase. “If we don’t end up falling first! That things looks almost a million years old.”
“Do you see any other choice?” Ani asked calmly.
“Yeah, the door.”
“What door?” Ani asked pointing in the direction where the door had existed.
Livvie looked and noticed that it wasn’t there, “Oh...,” was all she could say.
“Plus did you notice how little steps it took us to go from the door to the middle of the room?” Ani asked, “I’m estimating 5. If we go at that same rate up the stairs we’ll be at the top in no time.”
© Copyright 2005 ƒίяз (flame.blade at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/929155-Diamonds-Well