*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/931898-The-Mission
Rated: E · Fiction · Military · #931898
This is a flash fiction story for class.
The wind blew increasingly faster as Max fell towards the face of the earth. In ten seconds he would open his parachute and fall to the ground. The darkness below him gave no hint as to the landscape below. Ten seconds up, Max opened his parachute and floated toward the ground. Stealth is critical for the operation at hand so Max’s landing is virtually silent.

With the landing completed the next phase of the mission commenced. Max made his way through the jungle to the military outpost. Once there he sent a transmission to headquarters.

“I’m here,” said Max.

“Good do you see the target?” asked the colonel.

“Yes I have it in sight,” answered Max.

“Then proceed with the mission as planned,” responded the colonel.

With that Max made his way to the perimeter of the outpost and snipped his way through the fence. Carefully avoiding the guards Max quickly made his way to the target. He was only a few minutes from completing his mission and getting back to safety. Max was nearly finished planting a bomb on the newly constructed weapon when he heard some rustle behind him.

“HALT, who’s there?” asked a soldier.

Max just stood there frozen with fear as the soldier moved closer. He was caught and had no way of escaping.

“Wake up,” yelled the soldier.

“What?” said Max.

Max felt a light pat on the shoulder and was suddenly awaken by his mother.

“You were having a dream,” said his mother.

“Yeah, and you ruined it!” yelled Max, “Now I’ll never know if I made it out alive.”

© Copyright 2005 Super Dave (fbplyr36 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/931898-The-Mission