*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/934067-The-Life-of-a-Friend
by kevlar
Rated: E · Other · Emotional · #934067
In honor of a fellow Garuda who died in the line of duty Jan 30, 2005. God rest his soul.
The life of a friend. The endless years as seen through the eyes of youth. The end will never come. The old have lived forever. Growing years seen through the heart of a mentor. The passion shown to young striving to learn. The great voyage through the sea of knowledge has just set out. A never-ending sea that no compass may navigate. Pushes you along the way you are to go. Growing is learning, a stately image held by all men. A nation wound up by the separate paths of its youths, all striving for a single throne. To lift our hands to salute a color reflecting on our prideful faces. An honorary remorse for those who have fallen, a triumphant stand for those who have reached the battlements. A fate of one so young to be met so soon rally the brethren to his cause. May we all take up the flag and carry it but one step further. May it be that we enter the realm of death and be honored so gloriously. May we not become another tally for the papers, but a mark on the hearts of all those who have known us, whom will always remember the love and peace we once cherished. May it be us that look upon you with compassion and wisdom beyond all knowledge and understanding. The footsteps therein you tread we have tread first. Remember us, for the fallen have risen. The United States Navy.
© Copyright 2005 kevlar (kevlar at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/934067-The-Life-of-a-Friend