*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/935800-Dear-Love
Rated: E · Letter/Memo · Friendship · #935800
A fictional letter to a lost love written for a contest (reason for the highlighted words)
Dear Love,

I don't know if it was something in the air today, or if it was a certain sound that I heard as I crossed the busy street on my way to work, or maybe it was just that tantalizing aroma I smelled as I strolled along past the many merchants that filled the streets (know the ones you loved chatting with)... but even though so much time has pasted, I need you to know that it still makes me think of you, and that this is why I had to write you.

I can't even remember why we separated to begin with? Maybe it was something I said, or just something I did or didn't do. But I'm still confused how we managed to go from lovers to no longer friends, when friendship is all we ever wanted from each other? What is it about you that I just can't seem to forget? Why does my heart seem to long for you, tricking my mind into thinking I could someday forget you, but just as I think I've begun to move on, its another pull at those heart strings again? Is it because you truly are my soul mate, my one true heart's desire, or even my candied sweetheart?

Those answers to my questions that which seem infiltrate my mind are no more clear than mud. I know not why I still love you more today than I did years ago, but truth remains that the very essence of my heart is and always has been yours for the taking.

Maybe I'm being foolish, or even a little naive, but I believe with all my heart that if this (us) is meant to be, then it must be worth fighting for. I've lost so much precious time being apart from you, though the few times I've actually seen you, I see it in your eyes too.... could it be true? Does apart of you still love me? Honestly, can you even remember what this stupid war was really about?

I need you to know, no... just simply, I need you to understand, I will wait for you my dear, in hopes that someday, when you're ready, you'll come back to me. I love you, I want you, I need you... I will always be yours, for you have my heart, my mind, my dreams, and even my thoughts. I will wait as long as it takes... so please forgive me, for what its worth!

Yours Truly,
ME

© Copyright 2005 rainbowsglore (shansrainbows at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/935800-Dear-Love