*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/937028-Queendom-in-the-Sky
Rated: E · Essay · Experience · #937028
My Favorite Place, My Oasis, My Home
Queendom in the Sky
For as long as I could remember, I had always wanted to live in a high-rise in the heart of downtown Chicago. After living in various areas in and around downtown, it was only last year that I moved into “The One”: A one-bedroom apartment on the 44th floor of Presidential Towers. I fell in love with it the first time I saw the unobstructed panoramic view. It was a crisp but clear and sunny winter day and the view was breathtaking! The apartment faces directly south and the 6-foot high window wall provided a spectacular view that extends from the southeast to the southwest. Standing at the windows, I can see all the way from the Lake Michigan and the smokestacks of Hammond, Indiana to the east, to U.S. Cellular Field (and the fantastic fireworks after a White Sox game) to the south, and as far west as Midway Airport as airplanes approach and depart from every direction). In the year that I’ve lived here, I have seen some of the most vibrant, colorful and magnificent sunsets that Mother Nature ever painted.

The view is even more stunning and spectacular as dusk turns to night and the city lights begin to appear. It looks like a carpet of twinkling gems! I have spent hours and hours just watching the world from my little “queendom” in the sky at Presidential Towers. It is absolutely breathtaking!

Besides this lovely view, the apartment complex provides a “biosphere” environment: a huge, full service grocery store with an extensive “meals on the go” section, a dry cleaners that also serves as the package receiving room, three full-service restaurants plus a McDonald’s, an upscale coffee shop, a small convenience store that also rents videos, a flower shop, a small post office/store, and an ice cream shop. Additionally, there is an onsite laundry that always has several washers and dryers available, AND a fitness club that includes an Olympic size indoor swimming pool! The first week I lived here (when it was particularly cold, snowy and nasty outside!), I never left the building! I found everything I needed or wanted right here within the complex.

Presidential Tower’s location, on the western edge of the Loop, can’t be beat. I can walk to just about any where I want to go, including my job! And nearly every form of public transportation is just outside my door. Ironically, sometimes it takes longer to wait for a bus than it takes to actually get there! Many of my favorite Chicago places to visit (Millennium Park, the Art Institute, the Magnificent Mile, State Street shopping district, the Museum Campus, Navy Pier, the lakefront and beaches) are less than 4 miles away!

My dream of being a true “City Gal” has been fulfilled! City living doesn’t get much better than this! And I’m LOVING it!!!
© Copyright 2005 Citygal (citygal226 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/937028-Queendom-in-the-Sky