*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/portfolio/item_id/937516-Einhorn-Unicorn
Rated: ASR · Folder · Fantasy · #937516
A young monk's quest to uncover the truth of his birth + resolve a religious dispute
Einhorn aka Nonne's Unicorn


Orphaned as a young boy, Brother Nonne has been brought up as a sword-monk in blissful seclusion at the White Abbey of the Einhorn Order. Attaining his majority, he is presented with his first mission, and so begins a long and troublesome journey that will remove him forever from the tranquility of the quiet mountain abbey.

In a Medieval world of dynamic political intrigue and devious machinations, the Church is a vital organ of the state and the only guiding light in the Dark Ages. Entrusted since the dawn of time with the conservation of political stability, the Church seeks through Nonne, as its current agent, to preserve intact the "royal connection" and to restore national peace and order.

But Brother Nonne will soon discover that in this particular operation, much more personal matters are at stake than merely the life of a royal Princess he has never met, or the fate of the as yet unborn kingdom's future heir.

Pursued, and at the same time led, by the mysterious unicorn that has dogged his steps since childhood, Nonne is on a quest not only to protect the heir to the throne, but also discover the truth about his own birth and identity.

The Church plays the bishop to the royal family's King on a real-life chessboard where the whole land's Destiny is at stake...

Update: am currently working on this piece again, on a chapter that will appear later on in the story. Of course it will be posted once it is finished, and then I need to see about rewriting and editing the previous parts I have written.

NB The above blurb for Einhorn placed 2nd in Voxxylady's contest "The BLURB That Caught Attention"
 THE BLURB that caught attention  (ASR)
A Contest: write the back cover description for your book -- WINNERS
#1185376 by Voxxylady
PORTFOLIO  
Portfolio -> Einhorn (Unicorn)
    Rated: 13+ · Fantasy · #916767
    Nonne's perilous quest for the truth about the unicorn that has dogged him since birth
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/portfolio/item_id/937516-Einhorn-Unicorn