*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/938495-I-created-hitler
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Novel · Experience · #938495
Be careful, this is very old and brittle. First typed draft
I Created Hitler

I was walking along down a cold dark street; it was about eight o'clock, just Boo and I. Boo is my cat; she loves to go for walks. We passed my teachers house, Mr. Strenson, he teaches ninth grade math. Just then there was a strange noise, then BOOM! Rock, a tomcat appeared out of the bushes. He belongs to Mrs. Thornway. Her children bought him for her after her husband died. His face is white with a diamond of black on his left ear. Boo is all black. Rock has a mind of his own. I joke around and call him pus in boots, like the book, because his feet are brown as if he has shoes on. Every time we go for walks Rock follows, he is too scared to come very close but he trails about ten feet behind us. Boo does not like him much. We walk down to the end of our street, cross, and go back up the other side, that is the way we have always done it.

When Boo sees the house she goes very slowly, I cannot understand it she loves to be outdoors but hates the indoors. Boo could have every thing, food, water, toys and attention, who could ask for anything more? I walked in the house as my ecstatic mother yells, "Joan Winifred Cobson, Where have you been?" I answer "We only went up and down the street." "Well, you have a patient visitor," She wistfully replies. I galloped up stairs to see Mike sitting on the old blue, velvet chair."?Howdy Mikey" I say, as he mumbles an unhappy "Hi." What could be wrong, I wonder? It must be time for the famous J.W. the detective to work her magic. "Well, Mr. Bignose, what seems to be the problem? Are you sick, lonely, scared, in need of a good friend??" Those are J.W.'s famous detective's words to tell whay's up or get pulverized. "The police, they, found Bob," "No" that's all I could say, although my mind was flooded with more words and thoughts.

Bob was Mike's brother, he had been kidnapped three years ago, no one expected to find him after the search party turned up nothing but, there's a time for everything. "The police Identified him with DNA so we know for sure" He was in tears, his eyes were swelled up, you could tell he'd had been crying for a long time. "My mom says that were are going away, I really don't want to leave so here" He passed over a blue stone, "No," I said "I don't want it. I don't even want to touch it." "Oh, wont you please, Every time I look at it I'll wonder if I should have stayed or if it was better to have left." That was the stone that we hide in each other's room each time we visited, then after the other left we'd find it and do the same to them. It was an on going love affair, that never really went anywhere, but it was wonderful all in its self. He went on "I won't know anybody where I'm going. Dad says were gonna live in a trailer, it doesn't cost much to live in a trailer, but just the same I'd rather be poor if we could just stay here."

Before he lived here, Mike lived all over the country, he didn't like it, always moving, no good friend's to stay with or talk to. That night I fell asleep, after thoughts that had not haunted my brain for years just popped in. Crows clouded my vision and rats gnawed at my mind, until the morning I knew that I would not believe Bob was dead. He would have been 19 this year. When I woke up that morning I did not open my eyes, my back was sore and the bed had turned lumpy. I did not know where I was, then jumping out of the bed, I heard a voice. It was a mans voice, a big guy, he walked in to see me and said, "Get up." I asked, "Who are you?" He looked stunned. "I am Alois Schicklegruber, my son, if you can recall him, Adolf Hitler Schicklegruber is in need of your attention." My heart stopped, Hitler, I asked him how old Adolf was. Hitler, the one who killed millions of people, a new six month old baby.

The next thing I knew I was on the floor with four people leaning over me. The man, he had dark brown thinning hair on his head and face, was accompanied by a woman in a long green dress, her hair was blond as golden rod and her eyes were big brown saucers. The other woman had on a black dress with a white apron. There was a stain of a yellowish brown substance, I believe she was a cook of some type. Lastly was a lady that was old, her face was wrinkled and her eyes were wise. "What is going on?" "You fainted," said the woman in the green dress "Do you feel alright Ms. Cobson?" The floor was wooden and the walls were all white with pictures of children hung every where. I stood up and felt a little dizzy but said that I was fine. Down the hall was a gigantic door all white with intricate carvings on both it and the windowsills that surrounded it. "Miss, the baby's waiting, he's up stairs, to the right. Remember him?" I went up the deep brown staircase; the banister was of the same color and style, brown with swirls in the wood. The room that young Adolf slept in was Blue with little blocks on the walls and pictures hung on the opposite one that you enter. More pictures of these little cherubs, all these carvings and statues. There was a cradle on the right; it was white with lace and pretty little sky blue pillows. There were little designs in them, and they were so soft that you fear ripping them by touching them. I picked up the baby boy, a cloth diaper? That was the most disgusting chore I have ever or ever will ever do. How could such a kind cuddly baby grow into a monster of such hatred? He did not seem to be unhappy. Later that day I fed him and we played, at dinner Mr. Schicklegruber told me that if I ever pulled anything like I did this morning I would be fired and left to live on the streets alone.

Now that I have been getting to know the family, I can understand where the child would get much of his habits, his father. The man was cruel and a sexist. Men should not be above woman, which is just not fair. Adolf got another tooth today, I know that I have to get rid of him before he grows up but I just think, I am too attached. He smiles and coos, just like all other babies, can't someone else do it? Someone strong, someone who isn't, like me. Last night I came up with an idea, 'natural death'. Sometimes if a baby sleeps with a pillow then he might suffocate. I never thought I would say it but I am going to kill him if it is the last thing I do, think about all the lives I can save by preventing this one from growing. I plan to go into the room and just put a pillow on his face and hold it, then remove it and leave, the family will thing it was an accidental death, no one will know. They don't have that kind of technology, yet.

I went in and there he was just lying there, smiling in his sleep. There was a pillow over on the chest and drawers. I picked it up and went over to the cradle, his face was so pretty, only a baby could sleep like that, I bent over and then someone said "Stop," It was Karla, his mother. She looked at me and smiled, I said "I was only going to make him- a. more comfortable." She just sat there in silence and smiled, then after two or three minutes she said "I know you have good intentions, but he doesn't need pillows, he isn't old enough yet." I felt so sorry for her, she was not allowed to touch him, there had been three children before him and they all died. Alois did not blame her, but only clean people were allowed to even be close to him. "I'm sorry about-" was all I could get out when she stopped me and said,"?I understand, he is precious, and loved. I love him and I know you do too, this is the only time I can see him, at night. His little nostrils flare as he sleeps if you look really close then you can see them." I walked out of the room as silently as possible. In to my room I tiptoed, why am I so weak?

I nearly escaped that; she could have caught me, how else can I get rid of him. The other nurse Ms. Bloch, she says that Alois's wife is his old mistress, and she hopes to be next. How can this be true, yes the are nearly thirty years apart but that's not common is it? This place is very complicated; Ms. Bloch loves that baby as her own, and what if she catches me, trying to get rid of him?

Tonight is the night, I have dreamed up a plan. I am prepared to sacrifice myself to save the world now. I will take him out for a walk right after dinner, as soon as the bright moon comes out; I will push him in his stroller to the bridge that goes over the creek. We can sit for a while then I can throw him over and say that he fell. How will I get Alois to let me go for a walk is my only problem now. He's very strict on this type of subject.

I went to dinner, we ate roast beef. It was rare and I did not like it but still it was better that nothing. I finished before anyone else, I watched Mrs. Schicklegruber, she seems very happy today, if only she knew. It is hard to be killer, especially when you have learned to love the one you are getting rid of. As soon as everyone was done I cleared the plates, as usual and asked to take Adolf for a walk. Alois looked at me for a moment; he pulled down his glasses and stared. One vain popped out of his right temple, I could see that I couldn't make it, I was close, but the answer was still no. "I think that that is an unreasonable request." That was the end of it. I went up stairs, held Adolf in my arms, he looked at me, and smiled, I told him I was sorry but I knew that he could never understand. I made up my mind, after all this I was going to go through with it. I stood up, and sneaked out the door. I slowly walked down the stairs. As quietly as possible I opened the big white door that led to the great outdoors. The world was cold and rainy that night, I did not walk, I ran. Behind me I heard something, it was Ms. Bloch. I ran faster and got to the bridge. She was yelling something back at me, I couldn't make it out, it was hard to do anything but run. The bridge was brick and now due to the water it was slippery. I stood on the ledge; Ms Bloch ran up behind me and tried to grab little Hitler. The last thing to do was jump. I hesitated, but I managed to lean forward and just relax. We fell in to the freezing water, it was so cold. How could I make it out? My chest collapsed and I began to sink. I was in shock, I could feel my body slowing down. I took one breath and then I couldn't stay up any more. Adolf's little hands and feet were twitching uncontrollably, then they stopped twitching altogether. I was sad but I knew that the world was now a better place. My feet touched the bottom and I felt a hand on my neck pulling me up. Then I was just floating. For a while I wondered why I was just floating in the sky. Then I watched Ms. Bloch look around for some guidance. Then she saw it. A homeless beggar. She was holding a baby boy in her hands; I saw the look of satisfaction in her eye. She ran to the beggar woman and asked if she could buy the baby. The woman said "For how much? I ain't just given him away, it's my son for Gods sake." Ms. Bloch pulled out a small purse and gave it to the woman, then after she had counted it; she handed over the baby. How could anyone sell their own child? Your own flesh and blood? I started out to kill Hitler and in the end, I created him.

I woke up in my own bed. I wondered if what I had dreamed had really happened. The shock was so unbelievable. Now I see why Boo likes to be outside, the world is so strange sometimes. No matter how much you try you cannot change everyone. It is all jumbled and nobody will ever figure it out. That's why we do the good things and the bad things, because we all want to get somewhere that means more than anything in the world to us, and because we love some one an awful lot. Those are some pretty good reasons. I learned that, although I did not stop Hitler, or really create him. Out there, there are not any heroes and there are not any cowards, we're all just regular people.

I went on with my life; Bob's death was a murder. After what I had experienced, it didn't hurt so much. Mike and I went on dating, and he did move, but we kept in touch. I call him, and write him too. In the fall, about eight years later, when we graduated collage, we planned our wedding. We live together on a farm in South Dakota, and we are as happy as we can be. We have a beautiful baby boy, and he is named Robert, after Mike's brother. Now I know that every thing in life happens for a reason, we might not know it at the time, but in the end, it all works out perfectly.

© Copyright 2005 Insignificant corner dweller (solanas at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/938495-I-created-hitler