*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/948694-Self-Reflection
Rated: E · Essay · Biographical · #948694
In order for others to know and respect you, you have to know and Love yourself.
Gazing into the mirror I closely observe myself. Instead of looking like a twenty-eight year old vibrant and vivacious woman I saw myself as a sixty year old grandmother. My eyes a dark brown told a story of their own, but who could notice the beauty of them hidden by my bushy brows. As I cup my hands to my face, I smile for the feeling on my cheeks remain soft and smooth. I notice my cheeks lifting not as high as I would like just enough to let me know that I am not as old as I think that I am. As I let my hair down I see the gray hairs escaping from their tightly secluded prison. Most days they are free to blow in the wind, standing out above the rest. How unique they are for every strand represented a tear, heartache, pain, and grief.
When I was a senior in High School a woman named Mrs. Blue would ask me, "Who are you?" At that time I was stumped. I was not ready to answer that question for I had yet to live; by this I mean growing and learning on my own. Before I can explain who I am I will mention three passions of my life. Each of these represent who I am. My passions are Love, writing, and travel. Love being an abstract for some is very different for me. Many years I longed, ached, lusted, and cried for it trying to get to a happy moment in my life. I was confused at what love truly was. By the time I found out what love was I was twenty-seven years old. Can you believe that? I found out that God is love that simple. From that point on everything I though I knew about love no longer existed. I understand there are different forms of love; however, there are none higher than agape. So tell me will you, how do I truly love another without having a relationship with God first?
I aspire to be a nurse. Writing will always be something that I will pursue. Travel is another passion that I have. When I imagine what heaven might be like, Naples Florida always comes to mind. The swaying of palm trees, blue skies, and soft white sand seeping through your toes are a few reasons why I would consider Naples a place to spend eternity in.
Thinking about the mistakes in my past that I have made or friendships I have lost will only keep me in the past. I refuse to go another day being bitter, angry, or hurt by my past; so I remain focused on my present which will ultimately determine my future. Many people would sum me up by saying that I am headstrong, argumentative, intelligent, aggressive, stubborn, and a pessimist. I am also known for being brutally honest, so if you do not want the truth, do not bother asking me. My words can cut into people like a knife. Am I proud of this, or boasting you may ask? Do I care how people view me? Now that is the tricky part. People will convince you that they don't care how people see them; however that is a lie, a sham. I honestly do care how people perceive me, and although this person could be right or wrong I am not too stubborn to take some constructive criticism.
In conclusion, I have done some things that I am not proud of. I just believe that you have to own up to your mistakes and learn from them.In the midst of it all Love has guided me through a lot; Love is where I form my foundation for anything that I do.

Lisa
© Copyright 2005 LisaMarie (lisamarie720 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/948694-Self-Reflection