*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/953747-A-Quiet-Night
Rated: E · Prose · Romance/Love · #953747
The cool calmess of love versus the bitter heat of love departed.
A QUIET NIGHT ALONE WITHOUT MY LOVE.

It’s quiet tonight, I can hear the owls hoot, the peace washes over me like the waves across the sand. Away in the distance the foxes scream and fight, rabbits run for cover, scooting into their burrows as fast as their legs will carry them.


Where are you my love, what are you doing and thinking, are you sitting alone dreaming of me as I dream of you?

The stars in the sky twinkle and glisten, almost as if someone had taken a handful of diamonds and thrown them up into the sky, to hang for eternity in a kind of suspended animation. The moon has almost waned away, a thin sliver remains, giving only just enough light to see the outline of the trees in the distance.

I miss you my darling, I wish you were here, sitting beside me and experiencing this perfect peace with me.

There is a soft breeze drifting over my skin, it feels cool and gentle after the fierce heat of today. I shiver slightly as it chills my sunburned skin. The grass feels cool and damp, the dew has come down to repair the ravages of the sun. In a few hours it will be dawn, but until then I sit alone, quietly and peacefully.

Will you come to me today my dearest? To hold me and love me as I love you?

The trees stand tall, their leaves rustling softly in the breeze. If I listen carefully I can hear them whispering your name. The birds are asleep, cosseted in their nests, sleeping the sleep that only the innocent can. I sit and wait for them to stir, to herald the dawn with their sweet song.

Do you need me my sweet one? The way that I need you?

The sweet honeyed scent of the roses swirls around me, awakening my senses from the slumber they had drifted into. The daisies in the grass beneath me are sleeping, their eyes closed and their pink tipped lashes glistening with dew, as if they had cried themselves to sleep. In the dawn they will awaken and their tears will vanish with the rising of the sun.

Hold me my angel, feel our heartbeats close together, beating as one.

I close my eyes and dream, I see you inside my head. I fight to keep myself from falling into the arms of Morpheus, I need to keep this vision of you in my consciousness. If I sleep I may lose you, lose you to some other unwanted dream, that would be lost time, time that I could have spent with your beautiful face before my eyes.

Come home to me my lover, live with me and love me. Each night I spend with this dream fills me with such longing.

The minutes drift on to become hours, the way that these days alone have seemed an eternity. The birds are starting to rise, first just a single bird's song, gradually joined by the myriad voices of dozens more. They greet the new day with their joyful song, as if each day is the beginning of a new life. The sun starts its climb to the apex of the skies, it casts a pale watery light across the view before my eyes. Soon the World will be awake, no longer can I be alone with my dreams of you.

I’ll wait for you today my precious one, I know that this day my dreams will be realised. You will come to me and stay.

I LOVE YOU.

© Copyright 2005 Feckless_Wench (feckless_wench at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/953747-A-Quiet-Night