*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/953768-Novel-Cover-Fire-in-the-Heart
Rated: E · Novel · Romance/Love · #953768
Marie has just met a handsome Englishman, but her past still haunts her. Complete.
** Images For Use By Upgraded+ Only **

Click on the book cover below to read the first three chapters of Fire in the Heart
 Novel: Fire in the Heart  (13+)
Marie has just met a handsome Englishman, but her past still haunts her. Complete.
#676565 by Victoria Earle


This is how I envision this novel's cover when it is published someday.


Back Cover

Passions Imprisoned behind Walls of Silence

In a city dominated by memories of past glory and bitter rebellion, two women are confronted by events that threaten their worlds.

Marie Hutchison lives an isolated existence—controlled, static, and safe—and haunted by a secret.

Young, beautiful, and rich, Jane Andrews, a Yankee, waits to begin an exciting life. She, too, is lonely in this place where she is the enemy.

Into this world of passionate undercurrents steps a handsome stranger. He awakens the specter of Marie's past, and challenges Jane's modern ideas.

But the women's feelings about the newcomer are colored by their struggles. Jane must decide whether to abandon her prejudices to obtain what she most wants, and Marie must confront her past and make a choice that could lead to happiness—or devastating rejection.

Inside Front Cover

He was silent for a few minutes as she continued to look out the window, knowing it was rude but not daring to look at him, feeling the sense of danger.

Finally he turned Marie’s face to his and looked at her searchingly. “There isn’t another reason that you are refusing me, is there?” His brows knit in puzzlement.

Shocked at his touch, Marie blushed in confusion, her heart pounding. But he was probably referring to his divorce, so she relaxed a little, unable to suppress a smile. “Oh, not that! We’ve been through that discussion already, haven’t we?”

But as she looked at his face, she saw that she had guessed wrongly. He wasn’t thinking of his divorce—he seemed confused by her answer. His eyes darkened, her smile faded.

She was dismayed to feel herself waver, but she could not give in so easily. Turning back to the window, she said, “I need time to consider your offer, and give you my decision.”

“Very well, Miss Hutchison. Until tomorrow, then.” He retreated to the door, picked up his hat and bowed to her, she saw as she turned towards him, then left.

It’s you I want. The words sent a pang through her, but that wasn’t what he meant. And even if it were, it could only lead to heartbreak.

Click here to read the first three chapters of Fire in the Heart.
 Novel: Fire in the Heart  (13+)
Marie has just met a handsome Englishman, but her past still haunts her. Complete.
#676565 by Victoria Earle
© Copyright 2005 Victoria Earle (vdavisson at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/953768-Novel-Cover-Fire-in-the-Heart