*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/957877-Bad-Dream
Rated: 13+ · Fiction · Contest · #957877
My Entry for the Flash Fiction contest.
         The man she loved waved cheerily and vanished, Sheena woke from the dream with a fright. Her heart raced as she got out of bed and walked to the bathroom. She splashed the water generously on her face and then grabbed the glass that sat on the counter filling it and emptying the contents.
         Walking back and slipping into her lonely bed, which had been like that for in a long while. Sheena looked over at the clock, and stared at the figures until they looked like 2:23 and the red dot, reminded her that it was a bit until morning. She twisted to lay on her back and stare up at the ceiling. He had short blond hair and gorgeous blue eyes, and when he smiled his whole face sparkled warmed her heart and she melted.
         Her decision to take this job, had lead her to the big city and away from him. She remembered kissing his tender lips for the last time as she had climbed upon the plane and left him behind. Her bed had known a few visitors since then, but he's the one that still remained in her mind and in her dreams.
         Her restless mind faded from the pointless thoughts of the past as her eyelids closed. The bells rang as she raced down the aisle by his side trimmed in white, smiling. The bells were so persistent, until they rang her from her sleep, she looked at her clock and the numbers had only slightly changed to 4:15 am, and she wondered what had roused her from her rest.
         A bell rang through her apartment, and she rushed to the door. There he stood in the rain, looking delicious as ever and she pulled him into her apartment with a kiss.
© Copyright 2005 Autumn Bell (stardyst at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/957877-Bad-Dream