*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/958015-Time-Travel-And-The-Singing-Heart
Rated: 13+ · Monologue · Biographical · #958015
Reliving the experience of a first love through a song.
A rave for Writer's Craft class about music and its ability to attach itself to memories and carry you back in time.

Tucked away deep within my soul is a memory I've treasured for nearly five years. It usually remains sheltered from the outside world but sometimes, it manages to escape on the wings of the melody it will forever be connected to. Whenever the familiar song reaches my ears, its power manifests itself, taking over my senses. Thinking back, I've come to realize that whenever I needed a happy thought, my heart always reminded me of that specific time. The magical moment and its accompanying music makes every bad thing in my life, if only temporarily.

Everytime I close my eyes, I can't help but drift back to that special night. I can feel his hand brush against my arm, I can hear his heart beating in time with the music and I can see his bright smile as his eyes sparkled like the stars dancing in the sky. As the music slows down, I can feel him pulling me towards him. His heartbeat slows down but his smile doesn't fade. All I can do is enjoy the three-minute floating sensation as he holds me in his arms. At the same time, I feel like I'm falling but I'm not afraid. It is the innocence of a first time romance that is impossible to forget.

Who says you can't travel back in time? Just close your eyes, play that special song and allow yourself to be transported to another time and place. Music is a powerful entity if you can harness it effectively. All you have to do is listen to the song that makes your heart sing.
© Copyright 2005 average everyday sane psycho (anneramos at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/958015-Time-Travel-And-The-Singing-Heart