*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/959030-How-Safe-is-DC
by Archie
Rated: 13+ · Other · Crime/Gangster · #959030
For the reading disabled, I point out this will be short.
Washington, DC seems to be a "Mecca" of sorts for armed criminals, thanks to the draconian and definitely un-Constitutional gun laws in that city, supposedly capital of the free world.

Well, so its citizens aren't free; that's just a detail. Yet, thanks to those most unfair laws, citizens in that city cannot protect themselves, their businesses or their homes without running afoul of the law, yet, criminal activity with guns is on a definite upswing in DC, and has rising regularly since the freedom-depriving laws were passed in 1977.

Go to 1977 crime statistics and look forward to see exactly what the gun laws in DC have done to violent crime. You will then see steep increases in murder, rape, robbery and other violent crimes, committed by criminals with guns. Yet, the honest, law-abiding citizens cannot legally protect themselves.

For the capital city of a purportedly "free" nation: Shameful.
© Copyright 2005 Archie (archiew at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/959030-How-Safe-is-DC