*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/962715-The-Saga-on-Berkley-Drive
Rated: 18+ · Other · History · #962715
True Natural trauma with Political Intrigue.
The Saga on Berkley Drive:

The Saga on Berkley Drive.

Author R.J Desjardins

From Tree Top Lane we stand and stare where the dreams once stood now only air..
The mud and detritus has filled that space and man has remolded the scarred but pretty face.
People had built their dream homes here cuddled in trees each sided near, with nothing to fear but wild life and nature.
Many days poured the rain which came in a rush first rivulets, then a stream as earth turned to mush
It started to move as a river in flood, trees, bushes, rocks and tons of mud.
It crushes a dream with the dreamers inside. One lives on the other has died.
It moves down for more but partially sated, it stops half way through a dream, the dreamers not baited, arousal is quick, the dreamers awake. Their only concern is their little child’s sake.
The trauma is deep as it sweeps over neighbors, they tunnel and dig to find what remains.
Meanwhile, over head more dreamers are torn from their beds in fear as the thunder of the slide becomes very clear, their lives are tossed, to they no not where.
Police and fire rescue have reached the site not all is well they’ll be all night.
For many days hence security is high so many dreams must be abandoned The truth is the lie.
Many knew that this horror would come to pass. Politicians rubbed hands then, and now, they’re rubbing them again, alas.
They issued a paper stating, trouble is a brewing, we know not when, but when it does, do be a friend.
Blame not the heads who are in town hall, and tell no one of the possible fall. We must be held blameless because you see we are saving your taxes, what might happen we can say was meant to be.
Lawyers will insure that many years will pass before the courts find fault.
What are the dreamers to do, they know so little of what this is all about.
Politicians, who were once judges and lawyers, move on, they have done their best, they have done no wrong.
However, there are things to be said, of that bygone era; the politicians were aware of the impending terror.
The paper is proof of their irresponsible way. The dreams must be righted, so the dreamers can stay.
The politicians are at fault. The city must pay.
All Citizens, must support the dreamers cause, as god is your witness it will happen to you, but when, only after they change the laws?
You must help to keep this story alive, as this Saga lives on, up on Berkley Drive
© Copyright 2005 Des Jardine (desjardine at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/962715-The-Saga-on-Berkley-Drive