*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/963225-Coal-Part-3-1st-Draft
Rated: 13+ · Short Story · Fantasy · #963225
Ciara gets her dress. And loses it.
So I went soft on Part 2. What do you want from me? Here is part 3 without further ado!

Two days later, at the estate...

Ciara's jaw dropped. She just couldn't think of anything to say.

"Well? Say something!" said Mrs. Didora.

"It's the most beautiful dress I've ever seen!" Ciara held up the shimmering white dress to her body. It had a plunging V-neckline front and back, and was long sleeved. She also had a short train in the back, made completely of wispy, long feathers. The bottom of the dress, the dress's neckline, and her sleeves were trimmed with shorter, down-like feathers. "How did you pull this all off in two days?"

Mrs. Didora shrugged. "It was actually a simple design. It looks complicated because of all the albino peacock feathers."

Ciara's jaw dropped again. "Albino peacock feathers?" Ciara lowered her head, realizing the dress materials must have cost Mrs. Didora more than she let on. "Listen Mrs. Didora, if you need more money-"

"No, no no! I will not accept any more money from you! All I want is for you go to that ball. If you can't distract the prince, at least have a good time."

"I will distract the prince. I have to. They don't deserve him." Ciara vowed, tightening her jaw.

Now it was Mrs. Didora's turn to drop her jaw. "What do you mean by that?"

Ciara felt her cheeks heat, remembering what Prince Dominick had whispered before he ran off. "He just...looks like a nice guy."

Mrs. Didora raised an eyebrow. "Riiiiiight."

"Coal!" The screeching voice of Debra on the intercom made both of them jump.

Ciara hurriedly ran to the intercom. "Yes?" she made herself ask respectfully, gritting her teeth.

"Get down here and help us get into our costumes!"

"I'd better go." whispered Mrs. Didora. She gave Ciara her mask, which was shaped like a large peacock's head, and a fan made of shortened peacock tail feathers. Then she gave Ciara the number seven for the prince. "I'll sneak out through a servant's entrance out back."

Ciara hugged her. "Thank you so much!"

"Coal!" the intercom shreeked.

Mrs. Didora shook her head sadly, and left.

*************************************************

Soon, Ciara had dressed them all, and the Vicks were ready to go. They had decided to dress, of course, like a queen and two princesses. Ciara wasn't suprised, and had a feeling no one at the ball would be either. Of course, Ciara had to play the role of a servant again, to help them into the limo.

"Coal? Do you want to come to the ball with us?" called Ashton mockingly from the limo, waving her delicate blue mask.

"No thanks. I've got my own ride." said Ciara, not allowing herself to be baited. She intended to drive herself to the ball in her mother's old Delorean, still in good condition.

"Really?" Ashford produced Ciara's beautiful peacock costume. Ciara froze. She couldn't even speak, she was so shocked. "How are you gonna get there without a dress?" Ashton took the other end of the dress, and they pulled it apart until it ripped in half. They laughed as they threw those delicate, costly peacock feathers up in the air like cheap stuffing.

"You aren't even in the same species as us!" Sneered Debra. "The next time, spend your money on something you need. Like a place to stay!" The twins high-fived each other, and rolled up the window as the limo sped off.

Ciara sank down on the ground next to the beautiful tatters of her dress. She felt sick, as if she had been the one torn up. "WHEN AM I SUPPOSED TO BE HAPPY?" She asked. "ARE THOSE STUPID BITCHES ALWAYS GOING TO GET WHAT THEY WANT?!"

Well? Are they? I'm not telling! "Coal Part 4: 1st Draft
© Copyright 2005 EyeSingOnTheCake (mayasclaw at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/963225-Coal-Part-3-1st-Draft