*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/964945-As-I-grow-older-updated-5-4-05
by Ad
Rated: E · Non-fiction · Biographical · #964945
A brief view into my life and how I have changed over the years
Standing in front of the mirror I see the man I have become. Even at thirty the signs of age are advancing on my face. The lines across my forehead are more ingrained than ever, and further from my hairline as it relentlessly recedes.

My stomach protrudes away from me, even though I haven't put weight on in a year. My wife calls it my "comedy belly" and I see what she means.
I was once a smooth bodied youth, riding miles in a day to work and back, but lazy living and little exercise has put me in the overweight catagory, not obese, but certainly not thin.

I stand as tall as I have since school, but look shorter somehow, my body sagging and less rigid than I want it to be, I'm still young after all, aren't I?

Looking further I see my legs, haired and still fairly toned. Driving a lot does that to you, the constant pressure on the pedals keeping your legs fairly firm, but once they were logs of strength, years of bike riding making them strong. Now signs of neglect are showing, the muscle tone less, their strength sapping as age catches up with me.

I have always fought against growing up, in my minds eye I am still young and carefree, but life makes sure that you cannot stay that way.
My body is a reminder of where my life has been, and where my life is going. Hopefully my body will change as my life continues to evolve into that which I am supposed to be and that which I want to become.
© Copyright 2005 Ad (farleys at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/964945-As-I-grow-older-updated-5-4-05