*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/966158-A-quest-for-wisdom
Rated: E · Essay · Educational · #966158
A dangerous journey on a quest for wisdom
On a quest for discovery



Plato the great humorist always concerning himself with the shadows of Socrates.
Socrates you said this.
Certainly.
This is the dialectic method that is the full composition of all of Platos work.
Since there is no real record of Socrates you have to question Socrates existence.
Although I believe that by believing in a work you can become it that makes you infected with the virus of Socrates and you become as he was even if you are not of his exact materia. You then carry with you the mind virus of Socrates.
Although my original test that I took on quiz mart had to do with Plato. I would have a hard time saying much of any thing about Plato other than he was brilliant himself as I am sure his teachers where and that he taught other great minds and the line carried on.
As to the content of Plato's writing it was but a dialectic only two of the writings I read took on characteristics that where different from the method discussed. Through the course of this living document I will hope to have discussed the vast majority of the main ideas of the works that Plato wrote. Inter married with this clause I will also tie and twist my tales to advocate or disavow the work created within those documents.

I know that a man can carry other men through their ideas and I have seen this happen. When men are no longer themselves but wholly other men the mans ideas riding these vigilant infected as loa riding humans in voudoun rituals. So if Socrates never lived I am sure that he has lived in people who believed he did. Also if Socrates did not exist he would have existed through Plato who could not talk about this most wise fool. An alter ego long before Bruce Banner and the Incredible Hulk.

Now as the curtain opens and we prepare our selves for the roller coaster ride of this play that we will be engaged in until the end. In the apology our friend Socrates used every mind manipulating technique at his trial. He used the red herring when he discussed something that might lead the men off the trail. He used the James Darrow technique of the sophists to make his point as a part in the trial. Such slight of hand this Socrates was wiley and witty. Parable, scathing critique, euphemism, allegory, metaphor, satire, and pun his tool box was quite large and sharp. In the end through out his satanic(adversarial) techniques he found himself lying with a honor. What a man charging to his death in the most chivalric manner for ideas there is no better reason than to die for this, Socrates the samurai.

Away the zephyr winds take us to Craytlus. This was a full bodied work that did not have many redundant ideas which so many works often have and that is deplorable. It surely is not entertaining to sit through cyclical loops of information unless the information is truly refreshed or the perspective is so different that would make the material seem different. The full work of Craytlus has to do with etymology. One profound statement that he made was that nature uses no names. Although with word nature may not declare its nature yet surely nature has its own names that are not spoke in human lounges but can be cogitated by mathematikos. The observation and the study of patterns will lead us to worlds of knowledge as they already have. There are several other important underlying ideas and although Socrates shared his ideas with this young man. He knew the potentiality of man to come to him with ideas that he had not thought to further his own studies. That is why he asked the boy to come back to him when he has discovered more truth. He speaks to false use of words being the father of all lies. In essence this is essentially true stating that by positing false information or meaning we share with one another a vast nothingness. Socrates also spoke to the nature of time and its metamorphic property on all things. As time passes all things change, although I would say that only temporary things change. I think that true form never changes it may be understood differently yet even if its most correct definition is not understood it does not mean that the form does not hold its most perfect definition. To me that which is eternal has the greatest value to man. Through eternal ideas we may actually come to understand something. Commentary as to the purchasing of wisdom was made and I think that it is a most powerful and profound idea. No wisdom can be purchased. I do not care as to what tower of ivory you hail from if you take no active participation no matter how much money you throw at the problem of wisdom you will come back from the well of wisdom with a bucket of dust.

Critias was a full text about the nation of Atlantis and its great fall. Now this story may be allegory but it contains wisdom. This would lead me to the idea although it may not be refined but no matter what the media the searcher is always seeking for a gleam of truth. It may be through the humanities or the sciences that we search but search none the less. The most powerful ideas in this piece where governance without violence, leisure as a value, and virtue and divine nature. It is odd how often governance without violence shows up and then the being that stood for such ideas seem to have untimely demises. This peace is one of the few pieces that did not deeply get into the mind of Socrates. A peaceful society is a society that has higher values and virtues than the vulgar ideas of so many cultures and societies throughout the span of time. A society that values peace will often have leisure and without leisure it is difficult to come up with great ideas. Leisure allows us to sit still enough to listen to the forms in nature to discern their intrinsic patterns. Virtue and divine nature have always been interwoven by virtue we find ourselves dealing with all of the refined things of man. For the only good and evil that exist are the refined and vulgar.

In Crito we meet a host of characters that call to war. In Crito we discuss further what this man named Socrates thought were some of the virtues of man. Socrates left his works with brilliant pause in sentence orientation. He speaks to the men telling them not to fear death but to conqueror it as he himself will do in the apology. Socrates long before the apology had mastered death or he would have not died so gracefully, while he tried with wit and guile to present a masterpiece for all the ages which he did succeed in doing. That did not mean that he would not suffer to the drinking of hemlock in Athens. In the statement "Tell me, then, whether you agree with and assent to my first principle, that neither injury nor retaliation
nor warding off evil by evil is ever right." we find that Socrates clearly sees that the path of refinement is not one of the action of a Newtonian universe; that being stated an action meets an equal and opposite reaction. I am sure that he knew that although action may be necessary it maybe wise to take other forms of action that the offender did not take. Think about how we try to educate our own prisoners we try to teach them through lexatalonis. This eye for an eye is not very educational nor does it set precedence for change. Zeal is a virtue to Socrates when used rightly as it should be although he shows it as a sword of Damocles; saying that if used improperly it is also a tool for evil. He spoke directly to and about something that I have tried to manifest in my existence which some have misunderstood. Two years ago I had a choice between visiting jail for a night or two or going to Havenwick this all transpired because of the strange system that we exist within and obviously the lack of depth that lies within. I made a small laceration to my left arm that created a small dribble of blood no larger than that of a cat scratch. I then spoke on the value of life being more valuable than a unit of currency. To what currency do you pay life I have found no unit to exchange for life? So I pleaded my case pro bono to those around me. Although I saw the quixotic looks upon these befuddled onlookers faces. They had to release me seeing that I have no mental abnormalities. Yet what a case and what a time also quite a misunderstanding that I still think that the people involved do not understand the words nor action. Fools and I am a fool for seeking understanding with them. I try to ask the blind to see with hope that they will visualize the ideas I construct for them so beautifully and playfully a grand ascension to the aesthetics contained in our internal mindscapes. Socrates also moved away from a court of deities to monotheism. He spoke this declaring that divinity was a monad which is a singular unit an oneness. Socrates was Prometheus of men. The only other man that is known to me that comes close to this sort of religious idea was that of Pythagoras who spoke of a good and evil deity that would later also be discussed by Nietzsche.

What was Socrates highest value? In Euthydemus it was clearly stated that wisdom was his highest value. How could I disagree with a man that died for his highest value? As this story progressed and showed the brothers to be Machiavellian bigots. They had an understanding of war and manipulation. I am sure these are the same type of people that create crime organizations or swagger this way or that without the consideration of others. They had a deep failure of understanding even though they where looked up to by commoners that I am sure feared them. This quotation "I admire more than your magnanimous disregard of any opinion--whether of the many, or of
the grave and reverend seigniors--you regard only those who are like
yourselves." This shows that he saw much of the same type of action that creates racism and segregation and general ignorance. I still see this in people. I am sure that the link is continued ignorance throughout the ages the whole reason why history has a trend to see similar events.

Euthyphro was leading to apology when Socrates was brought with his charges. Many of the things he was condemned for I would be happy to stand for even in this day and age. He was condemned for being a thinker. What more dangerous or more capable of corrupting the youth than ideas. There is another collision with Socrates tenets of virtue within this work where he speaks of justice and piety as being values.
His friend also had two fallacies of reason in his argumentation and justification of his arguments those two fallacies being ad hominem, and a lack of understanding. It is very difficult to go through with deliberation that will end with justice without having sound arguments that do not just simply use sophist manipulation tactics to win arguments. Although man being a feeling being he does not always see the barren forms that lie within the panorama of the optic firestorm of signals that are processed in thirty places within our brains.
Eurus the east wind takes us to the writing of Plato Gorgias. When we land we are standing in the agoria with a loitering Socrates getting ready for a symposium. In this work we discuss the aesthetics and it really is entertaining this work is not as biting nor as harsh as some of the other works. I think that in this in their dialogues there is much joviality although they cover a great deal of the thoughts of art. Although they did not speak about my belief that great art is carried on the backs of great ideas. These ideas at there precipices find men standing on giants becoming giants. As to the ideas the ideas lead them through a labyrinthian corridor an uzumaki that Daedalus might even find it hard to find himself out of. Along this path we discuss the nature of art to the creator and their connection.
As that unfolds we find the discussion of mans art as being experimental. If mans art is to be experimental then it would allow man to evolve beyond his current state. I think this has occurred through the ages. The connection between idea and evolution can be show as a network not a map of regular origin. A cartographer the neurologist would be needed to draw the map. When it was stated that all men love their art the most this idea concludes that the ego very present and often blinding. Although it is difficult to stand outside of ourselves to see the truth of who and what we are how many people would be crushed by the weight of the lies they have constructed for themselves? I vehemently oppose such actions since I believe by not being truthful to the self we can not progress past the plateaus we have reaches. Socrates finds great love in the love of knowing the truth. I think that is why wisdom is so important to him. I am sure that as a child he questioned constantly always searching for more exact answers. I have seen him stand by some ideas that have been spoken by men yet it seems he wants more perfect representations of those ideals. Socrates searches for form among the being. What we do we think is good is another exceptional example of Socrates speaking about being blinded by ego. "The best way of life is to practice justice
and every virtue in life and death." This statement in this piece calls back to several discussed ideas and their placement on his pyramid of values. These ideas are natural justice, virtue, vice, and temperance.

Ion continues ideas that where building in Gorgias. Although the context changes. It continues to create discourse with a new man about aesthetics. Now we are dealing with the expository verbal acumen of a raphsode. Although Socrates thought that ion did not truly have this gift. He also proposed that he barely understood Homer. Although he did say that the man had a connection to his unconscious mind for which he would pull forth fruit. He came to discuss an important issue to me inspiration vs art. This subject is important to me because I think that good art is both inspired and carried on the back of a donkey up a mountain almost too tall to climb. To me great art is carried by great ideas. Ideas can be inspirations so hand in hand holistically like life we create art from idea and inspiration. Socrates also spoke of knowledge as being different from art yet I do not know if I agree with such an ideal. Being that art tells us history and of ideas by this it contains epistemological roots. If it contains these types of roots then it must have some sort of a branch to the tree of knowledge. He also talked about the categories of knowledge which really simply break down to justified true belief.

In the end I wonder how much I have learned by these readings and these studies. I know that I have learned but I do not know if I can gage that learning. The learning diffuses within networks connecting to tangential datastreams. So you may need to think about purple dunking cocoa extremists to really get at the data that was processed. By being processed the data was changed. To a life of questions.
© Copyright 2005 Luminosity (luminosity at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/966158-A-quest-for-wisdom