*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/967923-A-day-in-the-life-of-a-teenage-lesbian
Rated: 13+ · Non-fiction · LGBTQ+ · #967923
A brief look into my life as a teenage lesbian.
I was a human, a pretty decent one. I was in love. But that didn't matter to anyone.
All that mattered was that I was different, physically and mentally.
My dark brown spiked hair, my earings, my black clothing, my cuffs. The fact that I was in love with a girl. That's all the saw. They saw me as a monster, something different, and shut me out.
I was happiest when I was with her. I could be holding her hand, walking in the rain, and Nothing could change how I felt. Not the staring, not the pointing. Not the hatred from people I knew and loved. But when I was alone, without her. I couldn't handle it.
I've heard a friend I once held dear say this. "We should send all the homosexuals to Iraq. Then nuke the country." I guess she didn't know she would be sending me.
I never cry. My girlfriend knows it. But that night I called her and she knew something was up. I nearly cried on the phone with her, telling her I was about to do something stupid. She convinced me not to, even though she was out with our friends.
I haven't heard from her for a few days. I worry that she regrets being with me because of all we have to go through, hiding our love and taking the pointing and staring in the gut. But I pray she will love me through all of this. Because I love her.
When my own mother accuses gays as being sexual perversions and worse then child molestors I have to bite my tongue and take it. I have to live in this world of hate...and somethings I wonder if its worth what I go through.
It has to be.
© Copyright 2005 Wolvie212 (wolvie8812 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/967923-A-day-in-the-life-of-a-teenage-lesbian