*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/968852-Emergency-Call
by GailS
Rated: E · Fiction · Children's · #968852
What ever happended to Goldilocks, anyway? Did she get away with breaking and entering?
“911? I want to report an intruder! We need the police right away!”

“Please state the nature of the emergency, ma’am. “

“We have an intruder in our house! My husband has her cornered in the bedroom.”

“Your name and address?”

“Mr. And Mrs. B. Bear, 211 Forest Lane. Send help--hurry—-she may be armed!”

“A unit is on its way, ma’am; please describe what happened.”

“Well, we’d all three, that’s Mr. Bear, myself and the baby, we’d all gone out for a walk before breakfast, and when we returned we noticed right away that someone had been in the house.”

“You entered the house?”

“Yes, Mr. Bear went in first and checked all the rooms. The kitchen and living room were disarranged, an antique rocking chair that had belonged to my grandmother broken to bits! It’s irreplaceable!”

“Ma’am, it’s very dangerous to enter a building where you suspect an intruder. You should always call us right away from a neighbor’s house and wait outside. You and your child should exit the house immediately.”

“Oh, yes, I know, but really, my husband was so upset! He ran upstairs and then hollered down to me to call you—-that he had someone captured in the bedroom. Oh, my goodness, I hear noises! I can hear crying and my husband growling!”

“Stay calm, ma’am; I want you to go outside and wait for the patrol car. This is important, now. Will you do that for me? Are you calling from a mobile phone so that you can stay on the line?”

“Yes, I am. We’re outside now, Baby and I are both in the driveway. I can still hear my husband through the open bedroom window. It sounds as if there’s a struggle going on. And now the baby is crying, too. Oh, dear, oh dear!”

“Ma’am, the officers just radioed their position; they should be arriving momentarily.”

***************

“Dispatch, this is 1-Adam 5. We have the intruder at the Bear residence in custody. Please send medics to 211 Forest Lane right away. Mr. Bear has suffered severe bite wounds to his paws and forearms. Suspect is a white, juvenile female, blond, blue dress. Won’t divulge her name or address. Call CPS and have a social worker available. Better have a psych, too, this one’s pretty well over the edge. Very oppositional. Inclined to blame the Bears for leaving their door open and owning poor quality furniture. All right—we’re on our way. 1-Adam-5 out.”

© Copyright 2005 GailS (gstorrs at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/968852-Emergency-Call