*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/971048-My-Place-In-Time
Rated: E · Short Story · Relationship · #971048
Triaining was so important to reach the Prize!
My Place In Time
by
Theresa Burres


“It’s time my little one to stretch your boundaries. Time to become what you were meant to be.” said my mother. It was in the Spring of the year when she stood as I was lead away.

I tried not to go. I tried to return to my mother and the only home that I had ever known. Try as I may, they were too strong. They firmly took me and put me in the large blue and white bus. I called to my mother. Although she called back to me she did not come to me as she normally did.

After a time, I was taken from the bus. Wide eyed, I was lead into the building where my schooling would take place. I spent long hours with different people trying to teach me the wide variety of things that I would need for the profession that had been chosen for me.

Most of my teachers were patient and kind. Some of the teachers, however, were not kind at all. Many nights I was so tired that I could hardly eat before I feel asleep. With all of the work and training I grew stronger and developed more confidence in myself.

Finally after long months, my training was completed. Once again I was placed on a bus. I was taken to Louisville, Kentucky. There on the first Saturday in May I was placed in the starting gate and I did the one thing that I was meant to do. I won the Kentucky Derby. My mother will be very proud of me.
© Copyright 2005 Nanapockets (tab2020 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/971048-My-Place-In-Time