*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/973765-Eeling-Is-A-Slippery-Business
Rated: E · Non-fiction · Experience · #973765
A happening at the crab dock and concering commercial fisheries
Eeling Is A Slippery Business

They got they legs hanging over de side de crab dock wear they be fishing right next the big 'NO FISHING' sign nailed right hard to de piling. They fishing with cane poles.

They catch little fishes and blue crabs and they keep 'em in a bucket of water. Now and then one the ladies catch a big ole slippery eel.

Ohhhh they be jumping an screaming an hollering trying to escape the slimy eel squriming round the dock all bloody cause the hook be buried deep in the eel as ells do when they eat.

One time I try commercial fishing for eels. University of South Carolina Exrension Service supply me with eel traps and how to do it instructions. I follow instruction and build a holding tank fro de eels I be going to catch and soon I sally forth catch some eels here and there. Boy they be slippery things.

Couple weeks be gone by and I have enough eels to take to the buyer over there in Moncks Corner (Yes they be Monks at the Seminary). So I deliver hundred dollars or so of eels to the buyer. Guy say he going to be sending me a check.

Some weeks later the 'Wall Street Journal' down there at de crab dock office got an article on the front page; "Eeling Is A Slippery Business" the article be telling me (Oh ooooo).

Article is about the guy I sell my hundred dollars worth of eels to. The guy gonna be sending me a check for de eels I tell you 'bout him already.

I have to agree with the "Slippery Business" part of the article. I still be waiting bout twenty- five, thirty years now for my eel check.

Voyager
© Copyright 2005 voyager (elgardo at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/973765-Eeling-Is-A-Slippery-Business