*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/973861-The-Future-of-man
by scifib
Rated: 13+ · Monologue · Fanfiction · #973861
This is a thought process concerning what our world will be like in 300-500 years.
The future of man:

I believe that we humans will be vastly different in a few hundred years as a primary result of corporate greed. In the future the corporations will have all the power. There will not be governments as we know them. The C.e.o.s of 2-3 big big corporations will be running our world. We are in the beginning stages of this as we are living in the present day. Corporate greed and wrong doing is at an all time high. I can cite examples of ENRON or WORLD COM, and there are many other abbuses that we don't even know about. Can any of us really spend a 100 billion dollars? Why would any one want to amass that much money? The real reason is power and control of other people. In the future most of mankind will be genetically engineered pets or workers for the super powerfull.
Right now our society is working at a fever pitch to engineer new and better drugs, and treatments to help us be a better people,and live a nice long healthy life. First of all most people don't give a hoot about the welfare of anyone else except themselves, or a few close loved ones. This fact will be our undoing, and the end of the human race as we know it.
I'm going to paint a picture of the future from the view point of the most powerfull corporate leader in the year 2505. He wakes up at 10:00am prepares for his day. He is able to do all of his work from implants in his body that perform any function that would require us to log onto a computer today. Most functions are completed just by him thinking about having them done. His power will also reach out to his many worker drones or slaves to perform the many daily functions such as cooking, cleaning, and other daily duties. He will injest a quick liquid meal consisting of all the necessary ingredients to sustain a healthly life of about 1000 years. His corporation is responsible for the development of all life extension drugs and products. His corporation also developed the mind altering drugs that keep the masses of people docile and happy. The slaves will not revolt if they think they are happy. All of the workers have had their human bodies modified to suit the task that they are responsible for. A good example would be an aircraft pilot with no legs. Afterall he dosen't nedd them! Most of the workers in the home have lost the ability to speek, as no one values their opinion anyway.
To some of you this may all sound silly, unless you look at he basic nature of man. That is we are predators by nature, and our greed to have and control is already out of control. Just stop and think about the ripple effect of all of our actions. Every time we cheat our neighbor or take advantage of someone weaker the ripple spreads out and begins to set everything in motion for this one all powerfull corporate executive. He's looking back into the past and rubbing his hans together as he see's us all falling right into his inhuman trap. In other words our greed will be the main reason that the human race will evolve into 2 groups; the workers, and the few all powerfull corporate leaders.
As we all go about our daily lives it might be good to think about what seeds we are sewing, and what will eventually spring up from our deeds.
The greedy money grubbers are waiting in our future, and the question is, are we as a race strong enough to evolve in a different direction. Can we actually become better human beings, and breed out the greed genes, or will we become slaves to our own GREED?!
The monsters and the angels are waiting. ?????
© Copyright 2005 scifib (scifib at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/973861-The-Future-of-man