*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/974404-Untitled
Rated: E · Draft · Mythology · #974404
I got the idea for this from something I read. Work in Progress!
The trees went on and on in the forest before me, like an ocean with waves of birds. As I walked they flew from the beanches, swirling colours, flapping wings. Leaves fell from the trees they launched from fluttering towards the ground struggling to join their flight.
I walked for many miles watching the sun sink slowly behind the trees and the darkness fall upon me. I could see eyes in the gloom anf hear the running of feet. A bear? A rabbit? I could only guess as my eyes strained ahead of me.
I sat down, cold and alone. I had lost the world and I was stuck forever.
A branch snaps, and a man appears. Bill is his name and he is here to find his way:

-Which way is the wind blowing?
-West sir, west.
-Well, then I shall go East.
Bill says
-Whyever would you do that?
-Only those who want to be lost forever follow the wind. It is inconstant, ever changing. The mountains are the key. Would you care to follow me?

A pause. I ponder. Follow him? Do I dare? I may be stuck forever on this cold ground but the wind is my guide, and to betray it?
He has a wise face, but the mist clouds his features. He seems good, sturdy.

-I believe I will follow you for a few, Bill.
I answer slowly

Am I doing wrong?

-Well, then follow me. We will forge our own path. The going will be rough but you'll make it through with me by your side. Just ignore the voices of the wind, they steer you wrong. Look to the strength of the mountains.

I look up at the majesty he speaks of. They remind me of a song:

I am a Rock
I am an Island
And a Rock feels no pain
And an Island never cries

I wonder if this is true. The Mountains must be lonely and tired. They satnd there and give their strength to those who gaze upon them.
© Copyright 2005 calli_youbell (calli_youbell at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/974404-Untitled