*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/976401-Therapy-Session-37
by MJK
Rated: E · Fiction · Death · #976401
A story told backwards in time about a man, his therapist and his inability to remember.
Therapy Session #37



Now, I am going to count back from five and when I snap my fingers you will wake and remember nothing.


Five

A photo of a young girl floats in the developing tray coming into focus. Yellow dandelions push through the spring grass and strewn cherry blossom petals. Her eyes stare up at the camera, posed, motionless.

Four

Wait! Don’t run. I just want to take your picture. Please! Don’t run!

Three

Hi! How are you? Isn’t this a perfect day for an afternoon in the park? Yes, it is a beautiful day and you are a very beautiful girl. May I take your picture?

Two

A girl sat in the grass under a cherry blossom tree. She was reading a novel as the sun warmed her bare shoulders. She turned the page and looked up.

One

He was walking alone down the path, a spring in his step, camera ready. He never knew when he would come across the perfect picture. There.

Snap.

© Copyright 2005 MJK (mjkloeck at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/976401-Therapy-Session-37