*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/976991-Introduction--READ-ME-FIRST
Rated: 13+ · Preface · Other · #976991
Please read this before exploring my port.
*NOTE TO MY FRIENDS: Been going through some personal stuff. Several events caused me to more or less leave the site or limit my participation. I should be reopening my port soon and posting some new writing, especially some new poetry. Feel free to drop me a line. --J, Wild Thing

Who am I? That’s a good question. It’s too large to answer here, however. As Walt Whitman said, “I contain multitudes.” But here’s what you should know about me before you dive into my port.

--I’m bisexual. I’m not out to my family or most of the real world. But my writing sometimes deals with gay, lesbian, bi, and trans characters. So I might as well be up-front about it. I’ve designated these pieces as “Gay/Lesbian” under genre. If homosexuality offends you, you don’t have to read them.

--I’m a Christian. I don’t feel this is incompatible with my sexual orientation. I’m not conservative or fundamentalist. I ask challenging questions about God and faith but I alsoI like four- letter words, dirty jokes, and writing erotic stories. At the end of the day, I believe in salvation through Christ and I believe that God is love. I am a seeker and I struggle with my faith.

--I’m a sensitive person. A lot of my writing is very personal and emotional. It’s been labeled “confessional writing.” It makes some people uncomfortable. I’ve designated these pieces as “Emotional” under genre.

--I believe in the power of writing to heal. I’ve witnessed it. I believe in sharing personal stories and experiences. Some of my writing is dark and may not have an upbeat or redemptive ending, but it reflects places I’ve been emotionally (and where others may be right now). As a reader, I’ve found solace in writings that let me know I’m not alone in my pain. Sometimes you have to go through the darkness to find the light.

--Finally, I believe in protecting and upholding everyone’s dignity. I may not agree with you. I may not even like you. But I believe in your right to exist and feel OK about yourself, and I will treat you with respect. I ask that you extend me the same courtesy.

You are now free to look around my port. Have fun, and please leave feedback.

Thanks,
Josh aka...
** Images For Use By Upgraded+ Only **

P.S. Please feel free to e-mail me with questions about screenwriting. I haven't been active on this site in a while but I am trying to do better. Who knows? I may even post some new writing soon.


© Copyright 2005 WildThing~Becoming (wildthing at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/976991-Introduction--READ-ME-FIRST