*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/978859-I-dreamt-of-you
by Laurel
Rated: 13+ · Letter/Memo · Romance/Love · #978859
A love letter.
          I dreamt of you the other night. Perhaps it was a wish that followed me into my dream. You were asleep beside me, and I watched you, falling in love all over again with every second that passed by. Your hair spilt over the pillow and onto the bed. I held my breath as I ran my fingers through the strands, afraid of waking you and erasing the small, content smile that you held on your face. I laid down beside you, wrapped my arms around you, and as I closed my eyes I could feel you breathe. Your body pushed into mine and then pulled away again, like the sea stretching for the shore and then drawing back into itself. I felt your heart beating as though it was rapping against my body, wanting to come in to my soul, and my own heart, feeling its rhythm, started to race as if answering the invitation. It pounded inside me so hard I awoke, confused by the sudden reality of the empty bed, the cold sheets, the emptiness that sat heavy inside me. Time taunted me the rest of the night, dragging the hours past my eyes. Eyes blurred by the red glare of my clock that counted down the minutes till morning with agonizing indifference to my craving of your voice. The only sound that calms the anxiety I hold from not being near you. It holds me over till I see you and I feel myself become whole again.
© Copyright 2005 Laurel (laurelrose at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/978859-I-dreamt-of-you