*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/979674-My-Mother-Mi-Sook
Rated: E · Prose · Family · #979674
I finally understand a mothers love and it only took me 16 years to fully appreciate it.
My Mother, Mi-Sook
4/4/05
By: Esther

My mother is the strongest women I have ever met and probably will ever meet. She is the reason I strive to make a dent in this over indented world. She is the reason I try to overachieve what is overly done, try to care in this uncaring world. And the reason I came to know Jesus Christ, my Lord and Savior was through her. Through her patience, kindness, and unbending blind faith in the Lord, I was saved. Through her prayers at dawn, and morning songs, I came to know the most important being that would ever enter my life, my world.

I never understood why my mother wanted so much from me, expected, demanded my best effort. I never understood why she ate the smallest portions at dinner and said she was full so that my siblings and I could get more. I never understood why she insisted that I go to a privileged school, and she would drive me there at the crack of dawn, so that I could get the attention, and education that best fit me. I never fully understood those things until now. I never fully appreciated them until now, this moment.
© Copyright 2005 MellowAire (mellowaire at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/979674-My-Mother-Mi-Sook