*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/980760-Government-by-the-People
by Hextic
Rated: 13+ · Other · Political · #980760
We claim our democracy is one of the people by the people for the people. Is it a lie?
A dangerous thing unconditional trust can be, as seen in the government today.
Free press restricted by intentionally vague “decency” laws, just one of the many flaws.
Zero accountability for zero honesty, premeditated wars abusing the corps.
Red blood spilled in exchange for control of the black blood of the economy.
Red blood spilled based on a boldface lie, but on blind nationalism they still vie.
Fallen lords of the heart of black blood, desperately converting it to orange fire.
The war contrived, obvious before we even arrived. No nukes around, not to be found.
Seeing that the truth was in the thoughts of the people, using the spread of freedom
As a justification for an unjust war.
Supposedly better off, power for an indefinite period of time off.
Election without protection, many votes conveniently invalid, recount demanded. No outside audit, ridiculous room for results fraudulent.
Lucid voices defending free choices, the very choices defended are upended. Using the need for national security as an excuse, the government makes excessive use of the Patriot Act. Freedom of privacy now history, vain voices cry out into a vacuum of blind fools, tools turned to ghouls in contrived conflict.
Fearing for his rear the Commander-In-Chief spreads controlled panic, citizens told what to think, to believe we are on the brink, over a drink blissfully ignorant folks blindly support the actions of a government with more than a few kinks.
Bold invasions of privacy a problem dwarfing piracy.
Echelon, NCBLS, Monolith, unrestrained and indiscriminate.
Devices to stare into your Internet activity, foreign email, and life respectively.
No way to dodge, no way to hide.
Protests and marches criminalized,
Citizens exercising their rights penalized by police with tear gas and clubs.
Be wary of American propaganda, not all is as it would seem.
Be wary of political promise, we creep closer to a major fall.
Be wary of patriotized attempts to sell a law.
As much as we should support our nation, this land is our creation. A government is only an artificial body to protect the land, until the land is out of the hands of the plans. When the land is out of the hands of the plans, the people of the land must stand up and refuse to obey the government, force them to put the land back in the hands of the plans. Now is such a time that the plans are being ignored, and people wake up to the reality of the situation, even if it is more painful than the dazed patriotic dream world of the government’s bending of the plan being necessary to protect the plan. The only plan these bends and breaks defends is that to put the land in their own hands, and slowly whittle the plan till the only hands are the Man’s.
© Copyright 2005 Hextic (hextic at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/980760-Government-by-the-People