*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/981551-Internet-Dating
Rated: E · Other · Romance/Love · #981551
This story gives an example of a personal exp
They say that writing can free the mind and empty the soul. Or is it free the soul and empty the mind?
I have never joined an internet dating service until last month. I thought, " how could I be vulnerable"? I mean you meet someone who may live miles away. It takes away the stressful face to face interductions. You send a couple emails and over time you develop an overwhelming urge to meet this mystery person.
Sure you see pictures of the other person. But pictures can never be a sure indicator of what someone looks like. We have all had pictures that made us somehow look taller, smarter, and dreadfully larger.
Well,... I entered the world of internet dating. I had several pictures to view. I viewed men that lived within my state. On the second day I logged on and noticed someone had given me a wink. I learned in internet language it meant, " Hi there, you're cute..". I was excited. It felt like I had been out and someone was flirting with me. It made this internet adventure appealing. I thought," so this is why so many people are taking this route to love"?
It turns out that me and Mr. Love were sending emails back and forth. Then came the pictures. The relationship was beginning to grow. I was fantasing of our first meeting. Had we both become ships lost at sea? I also began to exercise more often to improve my shape.
Then .....well, then the emails stopped. It went from "hopefully your friend," to " everything is nuts, my schedule is so busy".
After this I came to terms that relationships are the same. Whether they occur from an internet dating site or a club down the street. There are certain truths that remain the same. Love is a game to a certain extent.
We can pretend to be someone else whether by hiding behind an internet screename or behind our own inward walls.
I had to face this relationship with the same strength it would take to face any relationship. I was honest... Dear Mr. Internet Connection.. I don't feel we should keep writing. I really do not wish to drag this on. Keep busy as you are. Keep your head up and reach for the prize.
Now it was my turn to put the past behind me, and reach for the higher possiblities that come to those who take risks and continue to open new doors.

© Copyright 2005 electricplundge (heavenjazz at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/981551-Internet-Dating