*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/982315-Gifts-4
Rated: 13+ · Short Story · Holiday · #982315
Trevor Masterson has a hot date for Christmas
Author's Note: This is a short series about the Masterson family. Each part is written in the first person by a different member of the family as Christmas approaches. Gifts #4 is told by 16 year old, Trevor Masterson.

****



RING. RING.

“Hello…”

“Trev? It’s Amy. Where are you at?”

I shot up out of bed, one hand clutching the phone, the other running through my disheveled, sleepy hair. I glanced over at my alarm clock.

“Shit! It’s eleven a.m!” I muttered.

“Let me guess…you’re going to be late…” came Amy’s voice.

“I’m sorry, Amy!” I said, picking up my alarm clock and looking it over, “It looks like I forget to set my alarm, but I’ll make it up to you. I promise. I know we don’t get a lot of chances to spend time together – alone. Where are you at?”

“I’m at the diner…”

“Will you wait for me? Please?” I asked.

“Sure…”

I could picture her sitting on a counter stool at the diner, in a tight shirt, a short skirt, her curly black hair hanging off her shoulders…her eyes…her lips…looking so…you know…hot. Just for me!

“Okay. Give me thirty minutes, Amy,” I said.

“Sure…”

“Bye!”

“Bye…”

I hung up, flung off the covers, and raced for the bathroom. I took a quick shower, shaved, careful not to cut myself – all though a minor shaving cut would clot, and got dressed. I threw on a pair of jeans, boots, a t-shirt, and my new leather jacket. I also put on some of Amy’s favorite cologne. I grabbed her gift I’d gotten her for Christmas and thankfully I didn’t get a ticket driving over to Gloria’s Diner.

I saw Amy waiting for me at the counter, looking over a paper. I noted Nancy, Brady, and Troy Blackwell sitting down at a booth but paid them no attention. Amy turned to look at me and when she did, her mouth dropped and she bit her lip.

I walked up to her slowly. We couldn’t take our eyes off of each other. I knew other people were in the diner but it was like they weren’t in my world. Only Amy.

“What?” I whispered standing over her as she looked up into my eyes from her stool.

“New look, Masterson?” she whispered.

I tugged on my jacket’s collar, “I…ah…just threw it on. I was in a rush. Do you like it?”

“You kinda’ look like James Dean, Trev,” she whispered leaning up into me.

We were so close. I leaned into her and we shared a breathless kiss.

“Ahem…” came a voice.

Amy and I parted. It was Diego Sanchez peering at us from over the counter.

“Your Dad and Taylor were in here earlier,” said Diego. Gloria wasn’t around.

I just smiled at him, “How long ago?”

“About an hour ago,” said Diego. He noticed something, grabbed a coffeepot, and walked off. I spied Nancy Blackwell get up and walk toward the bathroom.

I looked at Amy again and held up my small wrapped gift, “I got this for you, for Christmas.”

She smiled at me, “I got you something too.”

“Looking for Daddy, Big Tee?” came a sneer.

Amy and I turned around. It was Brady Blackwell standing next to his booth, glaring at us, his arms crossed.

“We weren’t bothering you,” I said crossing my own arms defensively. Amy stood up next to me.

“Come on, Trev, let’s go,” whispered Amy, “I don’t want him to spoil our day together.”

“What’s a matter, Antigone? Daddy still won’t let you see Big Tee?” giggled Brady.

Troy Blackwell stood up next to Brady crossing his own arms, “Don’t do this, Brady.”

While Troy was younger than Brady, he was just as tall and just as built. I think Troy was on the hockey team with my brother, Tyler.

The door opened and to my surprise, my sister, Taylor, walked in, holding a small plastic bag. She gave the bag to Diego, whispered something to him, and joined me at my side as we faced off against Brady.

“What’s going on here?” asked Taylor glaring at Brady.

“Where’s Dad?” I asked.

“Waiting for me in the car. I got a gift I wanted to leave with Gloria,” explained Taylor.

“Well, with the overprotective younger brother out of town the younger sister steps up to fight your battles?” asked Brady sneering at us.

“I’d kick your ass if I could!” I said firmly.

“Brady, stop it! Leave the Mastersons alone. Dad doesn’t want you near them. You cause too many problems…” said Troy putting a hand on Brady’s arm. Brady shrugged him off.

“Dad doesn’t want you near the Mastersons either,” said Brady, “But somehow…you keep finding ways to be near her,” Brady cocked his head and looked at my sister.

I looked at Taylor. All of a sudden, Taylor got a spark in her eyes and a sly grin crossed her face. She walked up to Troy, put a hand behind his neck, and pulled him into a surprising kiss. She broke it off and met his shocked expression, “Don’t let my father shake your confidence, Troy.” Troy nodded his head.

Then Taylor turned to Brady.

“A Masterson just kissed a Blackwell. What are you going to do about it?” she said slyly, grinning at Brady.

Brady looked stunned. Just as stunned as Troy. I suppose I did too. Amy just held my hand. And then Brady’s eyes found Taylor’s and he reached out, grabbing her arm, and pulling her into the same type of kiss she gave Troy.

I stepped forward but Taylor shrugged his lips off of hers. He continued to hold her arm and I couldn’t help but feel so damned helpless! I hate being a hemophiliac!

“There! A Blackwell just kissed a Masterson. What do you think of that?” asked Brady licking his lips. I could have sworn he enjoyed kissing her. What surprised me even more – looking at Taylor’s face – I could have sworn she enjoyed that kiss as well.

“Believe me,” said Taylor, “If I was going to become involved with a Blackwell, it wouldn’t be you…”

Troy looked simply shocked.

“Taylor,” I instructed firmly, “Go wash your mouth out.”

Just then Nancy Blackwell walked back in and grew furious as she saw the five of us, “Bradley Blackwell – I don’t know what you’re up too but you let Taylor Masterson go!”

Brady dropped his hand.

“Are you all right Taylor? Where’s your father?” asked Nancy.

“I’m fine, Ms. Blackwell. My father’s outside, waiting for me in the car,” said Taylor. She found my eyes and then walked out.

“Trev,” said Amy, “Let’s go.”

We walked out and I tried to put the haunting picture of Brady kissing my sister out of my mind.


The Vineyard Square shopping plaza…

Well, the afternoon went a lot better than the morning did. I took Amy to the shopping plaza. We went from store to store laughing, giggling, just having fun, and holding hands.

I bought all kinds of gifts for my family and Amy was great, helping me pick out my gifts. At the end of the day, we went to the plaza’s Mexican cantina to hang out. We liked to hang out there because not too many people went there and the lighting was dark.

“I have to be going soon, Trevor. My Dad will be expecting me soon. I wish you could take me home,” said Amy softly. We were sitting at our usual table in a dark corner. We sat next to each other, holding hands, oblivious to the world around us.

“I wish I could too, Amy,” I said sadly, “I wish…”

“What?” whispered Amy.

“I wish I could be alone with you Amy,” I said, “Just you and me.”

“Trev, I want that too. I think of you all the time,” she said rubbing her hand on mine.

“Do you? Because I think of us all the time too,” I said.

“I want to do more than just kiss your lips, Trev. I want to share more than just my kisses with you,” said Amy awkwardly but sincerely as she looked into my eyes.

I took a deep breath. I wanted that as well. We’d been seeing each other since school started and as every month passed I found myself more and more attracted to Amy Kalariotes.

“Amy, how do you imagine it to be? Our first time?” I asked. I wanted it to be special. I didn’t want to sneak out of her bedroom because her father surprised us by unexpectingly coming home and I didn’t want Amy to get embarrassed because Terri just happened to saunter into my bedroom.

Amy rested her head on my shoulder, “I pretend it’s our wedding night, you know, and we’re dancing, alone in a ballroom. You’re holding me tight and we’re kissing while we’re dancing and we just go upstairs to a really fancy suite. It just happens Trevor, between us. It’s tender and sweet. So, ah, how do you imagine it to be between us?”

“You know that cabin my family owns up on Lakeview Mountain?” I asked. I took my free hand and ran my fingers through her luscious curls.

“Yeah…” she whispered.

“I take you up there and you’ve got a nice evening dress on. I’ve got a tux. There’s all these flowers and candles,” I whispered, pausing, thinking of how my father would give my mother flowers and candles, “We get the fireplace going and right in front of the fire we kiss…” I stopped.

“And then what?” she asked.

“I lift one of your straps off your shoulder and I start there,” I whispered lowering my voice. We kissed and I pulled her close to me. We breathlessly paused, nuzzling each other.

“Trev, I think of you and your body next to mine. I think of you all the time. I don’t ever want you to think that you scare me because of your hemophilia,” she whispered.

“It scares me,” I replied.

“Don’t,” she said holding up a finger to my lips, “Sometimes it’s hard,”

“…to hold back?” I finished.

“Yeah,” she answered, “Trev, I really like your idea.”

I bit my lip again and we kissed. I could get so lost in her lips.

“What time is it?” I painfully asked suddenly aware of the time.

We parted and Amy looked at her watch, “Trev, I’ve got to go now. If I don’t, I’ll be late and my father will get suspicious.”

“That’s what I thought,” I muttered doing my best to tear away from her.

Amy stood up, “I like coming to our cantina, Trevor. I like being here with you.”

I stood up, “So do I.”

I reached into my pocket and held out my gift again, “For you. For Christmas. I meant to give it to you earlier.”

She dug into her own pockets and presented me with a small gift-wrapped package as well.

“I’ll open it when I get home, okay?” whispered Amy.

“I’ll do the same,” I answered.

Amy bit her lip, looked at me, turned away and slowly walked off looking so sexy, so hot, in that skirt, and her dark Mediterranean hair was so perfect!

It was hard to just stand and watch her leave. She was best the Christmas gift I ever got and her father would not keep us apart forever. I put her gift in my pocket and walked out.

**************
Here's a link to the following "chapter":

 Gifts #5  (13+)
Hope Masterson almost forgets Christmas!
#984229 by StephBee
© Copyright 2005 StephBee (sgcardin at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/982315-Gifts-4