*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/982585-Where-Are-You
by Icarus
Rated: E · Prose · Emotional · #982585
Does God really care about me?
Why is my Dream like This?

In my life I have found one thing that makes me happier then the rest. One thing that I have found worthwhile to pursue above everything else. I have just one dream. I have followed my dream with all my heart, I have chased it through every rabbit hole and from east to west, but I have found nothing. Where is my embrace, where is my reward for this race that I have run? I have kept a steady pace but still I haven’t won. It is said that if one advances confidently in the direction of his dreams, and endeavors to live the life, which he has imagined, he will meet with a success unexpected in common hours. Is this true? I have not found it to be. The bible says that a man only reaps what he has sown, but I have seen no great harvest. Where is my embrace? When is it time to stop dreaming and to start living in the real world? What does realistic mean? Does being realistic mean that I am a fool to believe that I can do something great? Am I a fool to have not quit yet? I am just a dreamer and maybe that is all I am. I have promised myself to hang on. I will hang on until the last string breaks and maybe I am a fool for this. I will not go quietly I will not just sit by and watch my dream run off into the distance. I don’t care how fast the rabbit is, I will follow it through every hole and across every valley. It is said that every great man has spent a time lost in the wilderness, but it seems that I have set up camp here. Will I ever find my way out or am I destined to squander my life here. Why would God give me a dream and then not let me accomplish it. I have done nothing but chase this dream through every ally way and I have found nothing but failure. I have seen no reward for my race. I have seen nothing of what I have sown. I am tired of starving and having nothing to fill me up. I have a hole in my soul and there is nothing on this earth to fill it. I know God is here and I know he will never leave me but I need more then that. I need his arms around me. I need to see his glory. I need him to fill me up. I am empty and there is nothing on this earth to fill me. The void is too large, my need is too big. I cry out to the Lord to fill me with his love, I cry out for him to show me his face but I have seen nothing and I am still empty. I would do anything for his love, please Lord just show me the way. I will give up this entire world just to know you, to see your face, to know your infinite love. Lord I cry to you and I need you, but why do I not see you? Am I crying in vain, why do you leave your child alone like this? Where are you? Lord I need you. Where is my embrace? I want to know your joy. Where are you? If you love your child show me your face. WHERE ARE YOU?
© Copyright 2005 Icarus (dbucs01 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/982585-Where-Are-You