*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/983265-Billys-Wart
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by tweets
Rated: E · Sample · Action/Adventure · #983265
Amazing story of Billy and his frog come toad.
"Mam, look what I've found" shouted Billy excitedly, holding a frog come toad. "I found it in the garden, it was sat on the swing". "Oh that's disgusting, you know you can get warts from frogs come toads" replied Mam. Billys mum was afraid of the world and everything in it. She would only go out into the garden and think of things.
Billy didn't care. This was his only friend, and he decided to call him Dave. He was never allowed out to play with his friends, or go to school. Billy would dress Dave up in his dolls clothes and play games with him. He would feed him marmite on crackers and let him drink his tea through a straw. Billy even let Dave sleep in his bed and would stroke his eyelashes to get him to sleep.
One morning Billy went to the mirror to make sure his make up hadn't run, when he discovered a small, cauliflower like spot on his elbow. "Oh dear" cried Billy, "I think mam was right , perhaps frogs come toads do give you warts". As the days went by, more warts kept appearing and by this time Billys mam was beginning to get a little annoyed. "You're going to have to get rid of Dave" she said, "I hardly recognize you these days". Billy wasn't convinced. For him to have his pet frog come toad was the best thing that had happened to him and no friend could make him look unrecognizable. He knew who he was and that was the main thing to Billy.
Mam was desperate for Billy to get back to 'normal' so she called her brother, who was also Billys uncle. "Hi Ted, it's your sister, Billys mam" she continued, "I'm worried about Billy, he has found a frog come toad which has now moved into our home and Billy is covered in Warts". Luckily, for Billys mam AND poor Billy, Ted LOVED warts! He used to collect them as a child but hadn't had one for years. He immediately dashed over to see young Billy and his sister, Billys mam. He rapped on the door with his wafer thin fingers, when a small boy covered in cauliflower like spots answered. "Hello, and may I ask who you are?" asked Ted rather politely. "Hi uncle Ted, it's me Billy" Ted was rather sad as he didn't recognize this once beautiful boy with the big green eyes. However, he was also rather jealous of the cauliflower like spots. "My dear boy, look at you, you used to have such soft skin, now you're covered in what can only be described as cauliflower like spots. Let me buy them off you, think about it. I shall return tomorrow, I shall give you 50p for every spot, £5 for your frog come toad, and just think, you will be a millionaire".
Billy lied awake all night pondering over Teds offer. He could have beautiful skin, be a millionaire, but he won't have Dave, his only friend, his playmate, his frog come toad. Something odd happened then. Billy fell asleep and had a dream. He was running in the street in his Spiderman pyjamas trying to do whatever a spider can, climbing walls, hiding in corners and catching flies. In this dream Billy was very pretty. He had beautiful silky soft skin and long, slender legs – eight of them.
"Billy" shouted Mam from the bottom of the stairs, "Uncle Teds here, he wants to see you". This is what Billy was afraid of, he still didn't know what to do. He went downstairs sucking his thumb, when he saw Ted sat on the sofa in a pair of dungarees holding a case. "It's all here sunshine" he said, "You can be a millionaire as from today, you can buy all the frogs come toads in the world, in return for yours, along with your cauliflower like spots". It was then that Billy remembered his dream, his skin, his legs……………….his eight legs. "Yes uncle Ted, I want to be a milonear" cried Billy, stuck with such a long word. With that, Ted gave Billy his case in exchange from Billys frog come toad and cauliflower like spots. "Goodbye my friend" said Billy to Dave "We had fun, but now you are going to have fun with my Uncle Ted, he's a smashing bloke". Dave wolf whistled to Billys mum when leaving, then Billy and mam sat in the garden holding lollies. "Tomorrow my son, everything will be ok" said young Billys mam, and as sure as the sky is blue, the following morning, everything was indeed ok.
Billy went to the mirror to check his make up hadn't run once again, and saw a very handsome boy. The cauliflower like spots had gone completely and Billy was rich. He went to the shop to get hundreds and thousands of millions upon millions of sweets. Whilst in the shop he looked up at the ceiling for sponge fingers, when something landed on his head. He had no idea what this was. As he ran home excited about his sweets, he jumped in the air, thumping it, when all of a sudden a large web flew from his tiny blue wrists, weaving itself round a pylon and flung Billy straight through his bedroom window. The following morning he got out of bed, again, and again, and again, and again, and again, and again, until all eight legs were on the floor. Billy was now a spider.
© Copyright 2005 tweets (tasherriff at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/983265-Billys-Wart