*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/983581-The-Perfect-Murder
Rated: ASR · Fiction · Crime/Gangster · #983581
This fiction and is about a murder nobody could solve. It is really hard to describe.
©copyright
This is a work of fiction. No real names used.
__________________Chapter One
Hello! I am Detective Perry Haster, and many think I am an absolute idiot. I wear gray t-shirts and khaki pants a lot, and I have brown hair and green eyes. I have been involved in many cases such as murders, robberies, and such. However, none were more weird than one case. I could never solve it. It was the perfect murder.

One fine Autumn afternoon a man was found dead in the Fracks Creek, south of Abilene, Kansas. He was ripped to shreds, and we were barely able to identify if he was a he. As usual, we roped off the crime scene. It was the most beautiful place I had ever seen. The creek flowed swiftly down to downtown Abilene, and beyond. Greenery and foliage was all around, but their was one thing that was out of place, (besides the dead man) no birds sang, no animals, nothing. I began wondering why when suddenly I was awaken from my daydream from Sheriff Pete Watson. Pete was a strange man to me. He always wore a black leather jacket with some sort of logo t-shirt on it. (His badge would be on the jacket.) He also wore blue jeans, boots, and a cowboy hat, and to top it off he was kind of chubby. Anyway we soon sent the man off to San Antonio, Texas to get an autopsy. At this point we still didn't know much about the Mystery Man.

__________________Chapter Two
The dead man was now being taken to San Antonio. The reason we didn't just send him to Abilene was because Abilene had a history of messing autopsy's up. The sheriff and I had gone to the police station to talk this whole thing over. "Who was it?" "Why were they beaten so bad?" "Why did someone want them dead?" These thoughts went through mine and the sheriff's mind.
A week later the results from the autopsy came in. It said that the man's name was Peter Wells, and he was 56 years old. He had a history of helping homeless people, giving to charities, and he was devout to his church. (which was Baptist) "Why would someone want to kill someone like this?" I said to myself. We then started looking at the evidence we had found at the crime scene. There was bullets from a 40 caliber Glock, and his head had been beaten almost clean off his body with something like a baseball bat, judging by the indentions on the man's head. Then I thought of something! I quickly looked up Peter Wells in the Abilene Police Station, and his picture from before he was killed I recognized. He was my Chemistry Teacher in high school! One of the nicest men I had ever known. I then began looking up people he knew.

____________________Chapter 3
I soon had a list of names of Peter's friends, family, co-workers, and acquaintances. I still didn't know how or why he was killed. We looked at every suspect's profile, but we couldn't find any enemies. He wasn't known to argue or fight. He would normally just try to talk it over calmly to someone. We looked all over the crime scene, and the surrounding areas. Then we suddenly got a lead. We found a 40 caliber Glock nearby, the same as the bullets came from. We checked it for finger prints. There was some all over the handle. We sent the gun to a lab, to get it checked out.
A few days later we got some news from the lab. They had found a match for fingerprints. The fingerprints belonged to Joe Martinez. He was one of Peter's best friends. We then began questioning him further, and did a polygraph test on him.

___________________Chapter 4
We questioned Martinez for days on end. He admitted that the gun belonged to him, but denied killing Peter Wells. Sheriff Pete came in, asked Martinez to take a polygraph test. Martinez agreed on one condition. We had to tape the test as it was going on. Joe Martinez passed the polygraph, and we questioned him further. We soon began questioning the people of Abilene about Martinez, and we soon found out that at the time of the murder, which was July 3, 1944 around 3 and 4 o'clock, Martinez was at his mothers house celebrating the 4th of July with is mom. Martinez was working July 4, since it was on a Monday. We had hit a wall now. We had run out of suspects, and clues, and anything to lead us to the crime. To this day I wish we had figured out that case. It was the only case I never solved as a detective. That poor man, dead in the Fracks Creek in Abilene. I am 94 years of age now, and everyday I think of all the clues we found on that case, and the scenery and everything. I am still trying to solve the case in my head to this day. Goodbye!

____________________Epilogue
Detective Perry Haster died at the age of 112 of a massive heart attack. His last words were, "I know who di..." Could Haster of finally figured out who did it. We'll never know now, because he has taken that name with him to the grave. Haster never gave up on that case. A man so determined, and perservering as he, I believe Detective Perry Haster did find out who murdered Peter Wells those many years ago.
© Copyright 2005 King Shol (vinny at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/983581-The-Perfect-Murder