*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/983815-Cloaked-in-Lies
by Ne0801
Rated: 13+ · Sample · Action/Adventure · #983815
A woman, wrapped in secrets.
Her back was arched, and she sat directly in front of the computer screen. The entire room was dark, and all that can be seen was the blue glow of the computer, and a faint outline of her body. Her hair was pushed back, and she wore glasses. She was completly still. Her hand sat frozen on the mouse, and the only thing that moved was her foot. It moved rhythmically, to no music at all. The only sounds were the humming of the computer, and the tapping of her feet. Her eyebrows were raised, and her head was tilted to the side, not enough to tell, but enough to know she's listening.
There was a small tap, fitting in-between HER taps, and her head snapped towards the sound. Her breathing got fainter, and her hands stiff. She rolled back the computer chair slowly, and quietly, and stood up, with her hands wrapped around the arms of the chair. She pulled her glasses off, and snuck towards the back end of the small apartment.
Her face remained emotionless the entire time, and her eyes darted the pitch blackness of the hall leading to the bedrooms. She swiped her hands over her butt, and put one of them into her back pocket, pulling out a lighter. She didn't want to take any chances and flip any unwanted switches.
She stood still once again, and began tapping her foot. The tap that caused her to stand sounded again, and she flipped her lighter open. An orange light was what was seen next, and her face turned warm. She saw there was nothing in the hall way, so she closed the lighter, and replaced it in her hand with a gun.
She pressed her back up against the wall, and began to tap her feet once again.
Tap.
Her head snapped to look at the room farthest in the back. She side stepped, and when she got close enough to the door, she placed her hand on the door knob and sqeezed it. She turned, and opened the door just a crack, the placed both hands on her gun again. She pushed open the door the rest of the way, and saw a figure move back in the darkness.
She heard nothing, but her eyes were trained to see in the dark. The figure stopped moving, and she pointed her gun at it.
"Who are you?" She said, and the person moved forward. "Stay back. Just tell me who you are." She stayed cool, and kept her voice low.
"I'm, uh-"
"I don't have time for this. Just tell me who you are, or you will be shot."
"Krindle." She scruched her nose up, and began to smile but she heard a noise in the living room, where she was just at. Her breath caught, and she grabbed the man, and dragged him to the living room. There was a male figure at the computer, just getting ready to sit down. She placed her hand across Krindle's mouth, and walked briskly to the other figure. She knocked him across the head with her gun, and he was unconcious.
"Why did you do that?" She could tell Krindle's eye's were wide. She looked up at him, and rolled her eyes. "Who are YOU, as a matter of fact!"
"If you don't lower your voice you'll wind up just like your friend here." She answered him just as simple as that. She clicked print on the screen, and walked to the printer.
"Who are you?" Krindle lowered his voice, and she nodded.
"Krindle, I cannot reveal to you my true identity, but I can tell you that I came here for two things. These documents, and you." After her last word she snatched the papers from the printers tray. She clicked delete, to delete the files on the page, then shot the computer. Krindle watched her, and she smiled.
"You look confused, Krindle, why is that?" She smirk more, and her eyes were sparkling. Because the glowing light from the computer was gone, he couldn't see it.
"That's because I AM confused. What do you want with me?" She allowed a soft chuckle to escape from her mouth.
"All of your questions will be answered. Just come-with-me." The male on the floor moved, and she kicked him with her high heels, and grabed Krindle's hand, and led him to the balcony.
The light of the city exposed her face, and his eyes widened.
"Your-"
"Do not even go there."
"But-"
"Let's go." She walked calmly across the balcony, and that's when he realized a pole from his balcony, to the one right next to his. She eased onto the pole, and maneuvered her way across. She jumped from the pole, to the next balcony, and turned around.
"Krindle if you don't come on, I will kill you." He tried his best to imitate her, and he made it across safely. She took a remote out of her pocket, and pressed a button. The pole started moving into the balcony they were on, and Krindle felt the ground tremble. She led him into the house, and out the door. He never even really saw the inside.
"It's not safe to use the elevators, so we must take the stairs. If you fall behind, you will be killed, if you try to escape, you will be killed." Krindle nodded his head, and wondered how this girl, the girl he used to know so well could change so much, and talk so freely about him being killed.
"Understood?"
"Yes." She began running down the steps, and Krindle made sure he didn't fall more then two steps behind her.
They reached the ground floor, and the woman behind the desk glared at the twosome. She stared back, and pushed open the doors. The sounds of the city enclosed them, and for now they were just another two blanck faces. She led him to a black car, and he concentrated on the clicking of her heels on the wet and cold ground.
"Get in." She slammed the car door behind him, and walked away. He watched her as the car got farther and farther away from her. He noticed her hair much longer then what he remembered, and her face prettier too. What didn't change was her icy blue eyes, the kind that burned a whole into you, whenever she stared.


© Copyright 2005 Ne0801 (ne0801 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/983815-Cloaked-in-Lies