*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/984700-The-Secret
Rated: 13+ · Fiction · Fantasy · #984700
Lexi can feel earthquakes and see things that others can't. What's going on?
          The world rumbled. Lexi staggered into the kitchen where she had a clear view of her mother in the living room. Everything cracked, plates fell off the counter and the table rumbled across the tiled floor yet her mother folded her clothes quietly. Lexi screamed. She didn’t understand why no one else was panicking. Her mother rushed to her side and put a comforting arm around her. Everything was crashing but her mother’s only concern was that she was okay and even seemed not to notice the broken glass and stray furniture.
          Lexi looked at her mother and collapsed to the floor, trying to tell her mother to get out of the house. Through the window, Lexi could see the neighboring house’s roof split.
          Again, she screamed, wanting everyone else to panic too. She was handed a glass of water and again, she looked at her mother, whose lips were moving but no sound escaped.
          In terror and confusion, Lexi passed out, a drop of sweat running down her forehead. The drop tickled and she wiped it away with her hand, it wasn’t wet, but a small, hard object that managed to get away.
          Lexi opened her eyes and watched the fly buzz around near the ceiling. She was hot and was tucked in bed. Lexi bolted upright and ran into the kitchen, her eyes adjusting to the light, but on her way in, she ran head first into her mother’s front side.
          “Hey! You should be in bed, Alexandra. You had quite the panic attack.”
          “But you don’t understand!” Lexi walked around her and stared at the mess, just the way it was before she passed out.
          “What is it?” Her mother said, putting a hand on her shoulder.
          “Mom...did you feel the earthquake last night?” She asked and picked up a broken plate.
          “Lexi, are you alright?” Her mother’s face showed concern.
          “Yeah...I’m fine. Let’s just get this mess cleaned up before someone gets hurt.”
          “What mess?”
          Lexi picked up another broken plate. “This mess.”
          “Lexi, hun, I’m not seeing any mess. You should go back to bed.”
          “You can’t see it? All the broken plates? And the table’s half way across the room! There was an earthquake! There was.”
          Her mother turned around. Lexi knew her mother thought she was crazy. Sighing, she retired to her room and clicked on the computer. Earthquakes. She Google searched, and clicked on the top result. The page displayed a school research paper, so she checked Google again.
          Think you’re the only one feeling those earthquakes? Perfect. She clicked the link and read the page.
          Over the years, many young kids and teens claim
          to be feeling earthquakes unknown to those
          around them. They can see and feel these while
          others don’t. A small group of five teens have
          joined together to discuss the reasoning of the
          earthquakes. They are located...

(To be continued)
© Copyright 2005 ƒίяз (flame.blade at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/984700-The-Secret