*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/987080-Seasonal-View-of-the-Sun
by dle
Rated: E · Draft · Contest · #987080
And the sunrise welcomes it in...
The sunrise is affirmation that life goes on. Each morning, when I see the sky blush and the clouds turn pink and orange; when I see golden rays peak the hills in the distance, I’m happy to know that the sun is still there.

The sun, for me, is a testament to the possibilities of life eternal. The sun, essentially, sires the entire cycle of life and its resurrection year after year after year. There is no end and no clear beginning with the sun. It exists because it does – inspiring; brutal, on occasion, but always there.

I’m lucky enough to live in a place where the seasonal cycles of the sun are clearly evident.

In the spring the sun shares its warm, life-affirming rays with a frozen earth. It coaxes life out of the dirt. The results are fabulous – as I play witness to the trees and hillsides turning from gray to a vibrant, luscious green. But nature and life – as we all know – can only remain new and vibrant for a short time.

Summer comes and the sun beats down on the earth with a vengeance. The nubile grass of spring is sucked dry by the sun. The lush comfort of spring’s grass is turned to something brittle and crunchy beneath my feet, once the summer sun is done with it. Even the rain can’t help that much.

Summer’s fury is completed when fall comes around. The strange thing here, however, is that the sun’s relentless burning, which by all means should be horrifying – isn’t that bad at all. In fact, fall is my favorite season of the year. The sun sees fit to burn away life at this stage – but, reminds us that a life ending isn’t necessarily a bad thing. The beauty of the crimson, gold, and ginger colored leaves is oddly comforting. It’s like the sun is making sure we understand that grace can come with age.

The winter completes the cycle – with a snow-covered memorial to a rich, if short-lived, life. Yet, the sun is still there – keeping the world just warm enough to rouse the resurrection in a not-to-distant spring.

The sunrise is the hope; the ringing in of the sun. So, in that respect – it’s the most important aspect of all.
© Copyright 2005 dle (donealee at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/987080-Seasonal-View-of-the-Sun