*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/988227-The-Dream
Rated: E · Article · Religious · #988227
This was published in 2004. It also won a description and a dream contest in this forum!
** Images For Use By Upgraded+ Only **


The Dream


When I was a little girl around eight years old I had a very special and vivid dream that brought me closer to God. It was a gorgeous dream of Heaven and I was there to witness it!

I noticed a lake that seemed to sparkle like multi-faceted diamonds. The waters seemed so alive and shimmery. No doubt these were the "living waters" that I've often heard or read about. Also surrounding the lake were vivid orchids, lilies, and colorful roses lining a garden of tranquility. I noticed animals playing and running on the green grass that seemed so alive under my feet with every step. I watched the animals as they jumped and ran about and I laughed at their cute antics. Everyone was wearing white and wore gold crowns that looked like shiny liquid gold formed into shapes. There was a beautiful rainbow, but it wasn't raining at all. It was a gorgeous sunny day and the air was clean and fresh.

God's dwelling was the most interesting visual in this dream. It was "prism-like" with what appeared to be long shards of glass. Specks of tiny rainbows flooded my eyes and the lights seemed to dance around this crystal palace. The whole building looked like millions of prisms placed together strategically, all shining for the glory of God! Everything was so beautiful.

That's why I was sad when I woke up from this dream and realized I was still on earth and not in Heaven. But the dream excited me nevertheless because I knew I had seen a similar picture of Heaven before.

I instantly thought of my Bible books (ten of them that I have by Arthur S. Maxwell) and started searching through them for a good hour or more trying to find this picture that I knew I had seen. I kept looking and looking. As I searched through each book, I got a little more excited as I anticipated finding the picture of Heaven that was in my dream.

And then I came across the very picture that I was looking for and gasped with excitement! It was the exact same Heaven in all its glory. The people were wearing gold crowns and white robes. The lake was there and the prism-like dwelling. Everything looked identical. This was so exciting for me as a child.

I often think back to a time when I went to Sabbath school and one weekend the teacher had us get in a line to receive our golden jeweled crowns. I remember how excited I was that day waiting to get the crown placed upon my head. I pretended it was real and that I was really going to meet Jesus. I still remember that experience with fondness. I also think about my special Heaven dream. They are both dear to my heart. But most of all, I think about meeting Jesus and how thrilled I will be to see Him and the glorious place He has prepared for us.




© Copyright 2005 Michelle M (addicted2tz at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/988227-The-Dream