*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/990845-The-Temptation-of-Jesus
Rated: E · Script/Play · Religious · #990845
Luke 4:1-13, in my quirky style
The Temptation of Jesus


Characters:
Jesus
Satan
Candy Man-stuffed to look fat
Hunk- stuff paper in shirt sleeve for muscles
Angel
Narrator

Props:
red/yellow confetti in a jar
bag of candy
book or other common classroom object
Trophy
cardboard wings“Boo, Hiss” sign
horns for Satan, black cape optional




[Jesus stands on the left, Satan on the right, with the narrator in the middle.]


Narrator: Filled with the Holy Spirit [dump confetti on Jesus’ head], Jesus was led into the desert for 40 days to be tempted by the devil [Satan holds up Boo-Hiss sign]. Jesus ate nothing during those days, and when they were over He was hungry. [Jesus rubs His stomach and makes a hungry face].

Candy Man: [walks by Jesus, eating a candy bar] Mmmm, mm! Boy is this good! Milk chocolate! Caramel nougat! Mmmmm mmm! Yum! [He looks at Jesus in surprise]. Oh, hi! Fancy meeting you here!

Satan: Gee, Jesus, you look kinda skinny. Wanna have a candy bar?

Jesus:Sure! I’m starved.

Candy Man: Well, you can’t have one of mine- I’m REALLY hungry. [takes another big bite of candy]. Mmmm mmm. This sure hits the spot!

Satan: Say- You’re God, Jesus. You can do anything. Why not just make one for yourself? Turn one of those books into a candy bar. You don’t need us.

Jesus: Scripture says man does not live by candy alone.

Satan: Drat! That didn’t work! I know! Hey, Hunk of the Universe! Come here!

Hunk: [walks up to Satan, holding a trophy] See this trophy? I got it for being the Biggest and the Best.[Raises hands in victory]


Satan: Jesus, if you join my team, you can have one of those, too. Then you’ll really be number one!

Jesus: No way! Scripture says to serve only God.

Satan: Dang. He’s tough.[to the audience]I’ll have to try the BIG temptation. Hey, Jesus! You da man. God’s only son and all that, right? You don’t have to worry about anything, ‘cause scripture says he’ll be with you no matter what. [pull Jesus to stand up on a table] So Jesus- if you’re REALLY the son of God, prove it: jump off this big huge dangerous cliff, and let an angel catch you.

Angel:[kneels in front of him, flexing muscles] I’m here, Jesus!

Jesus: But scripture also says not to put God to the test. You’re wasting your time.

Satan: [stomping his foot & clumping off, scowling] I’ll be back....

© Copyright 2005 Lobelia is truly blessed (mamahobbit at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/990845-The-Temptation-of-Jesus